BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
We are currently looking for an experienced & dog loving Director to lead our Data Engineering team. This person will be the resident expert & core contributor in building scalable & resilient systems to ingest, process, store, & serve data used in customer-facing applications, KPI reporting, company strategy, & day-to-day operations.
Leading a small team of engineers, youll be reporting to the VP of Data & Analytics under the CTO & collaborating directly with other leaders across engineering, analytics, product, finance, logistics, sourcing, sales, planning, marketing, customer service, & legal to create data solutions that support BARKs continued success & growth. Well be relying on you to:
- Be one of the top contributors to the data teams code base
- Set impactful goals for the data engineering team
- Manage your team to successfully reach these goals
- Empower your teammates to do their best work & mentor them technically
- Lead cross-functional projects with hard timelines & multiple stakeholders
- Hire & train data engineers as the team expands
- 8+ years experience in software engineering
- 6+ years experience coding in Python
- 5+ years experience deeply focused in data engineering & cloud infrastructure
- 3+ years experience managing / mentoring less experienced developers
- Excellent written & verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Experienced in Airflow, Kubernetes, AWS, Redshift, & Postgres
- Experience with cloud networking (security groups, VPN/VPCs, DNS, etc)
- Experience working with Google Cloud, Spark, & streaming data
- Entrepreneurial startup attitude
- Experience working with data scientists, ML engineers, & product teams
- Love of dogs & furry friends