Blockchain is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, & ultimately build an open, accessible & fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for Counsel to join our growing legal team. Reporting to our Head of Legal, you will assist on a variety of legal affairs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Assist with legal affairs including contract & commercial negotiations, corporate governance matters, privacy, employment law & mergers & acquisitions.
- You will assist on all aspects of contracting, from initial advice on contract terms, through to managing client-facing communications to helping to drive successful negotiations & deal closures in a highly visible role that enables the effectiveness & efficiency of our revenue producing teams in multiple countries.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain is integrity.
- Excellent academic record & a JD from an accredited law school. Must be admitted to practice law in at least one US state. NY bar preferred.
- 2 - 4 years working at a top-tier law firm or in house with a well respected organization.
- Ability to prioritize, assess risk, organize & execute quickly & efficiently in a dynamic environment with ever-changing & competing demands.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills, interpersonal, organizational & time management skills.
- Detail-oriented & able to work independently in an unstructured & fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to pick up issues quickly, to articulate complex matters clearly.
- Strong project planning, problem-solving, & analytical skills.
- Experience with GDPR, privacy issues & international matters (particularly in the UK) will be a strong asset, though not required.
COMPENSATION & PERKS:
- Amazing & accessible office location in Manhattan.
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard & take time when you need it.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, & Friday.
- Apple equipment.
- Full-time salary based on experience & meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- Medical Insurance, Dental, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- Resume/CV & LinkedIn profile.
- Your favorite GIF.