Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
In this immersive educational experience, students engage in the user experience process, developing the skills & portfolio of a junior practitioner. We are looking for instructors to lead this transformative experience through General Assemblys User Experience Design Immersive course.
Why Teach the UX Design WORKSHOP ?
If you are looking to make a life-changing impact by doing what you know & love, this is the position for you. Through this unparalleled opportunity,you will:
- Deepen your own design skills by guiding students through a rigorous journey where they begin as driven novices & leave as empowered designers
- Facilitate a supportive & energetic community that lasts well beyond the course
- Challenge students to think strategically as they turn their ideas into real user experience solutions
- Hone your own leadership skills by working with an instructional team & classroom community
Skills & Qualifications
- You are eager to shape the skills, minds, & trajectories of the newest generation of user experience designers.
- You are the person that your colleagues naturally gravitate to when they are looking for guidance.
- You have at least 3 years of experience working in user experience design.
- You are knowledgeable in data science topics
- You have worked with the agile principles
- You have the knowledge required to describe the agile method of work
- You have fluency in some or all of the following topics:
- Design-Thinking Process
- User Research & Personas
- Usability Testing
- UX Analysis
- Information Architecture
- Interface Design
- Analytics & Optimization
- Mobile UX
- Data Classification
- Data Regression
Responsibilities & Duties
- Teach Workshops for 2 consecutives days, sometimes 4 days a week, all day, for a duration of 2-3 months, starting in May.
- Instructors will need to commit a few hours per week preparing lessons & materials, leveraging existing GA curriculum content.
- Work closely with co-instructors or teaching assistants to provide students with meaningful & prompt feedback on their progress.
- Work alongside GA staff & teaching team to best meet the needs & learning styles of your students.
- Guide students through development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities to hiring managers.
- Facilitate a dynamic, collaborative, & positive classroom community.
- Inspire students to persevere through the challenges of learning a new skill set