Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, raised over $570 million from leading venture & growth technology investors, & been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
You're an experienced Senior Analyst Software Engineer interested in helping us analyze & deliver insights from our product data & sales pipelines. You have stood up BI solutions before, you know what questions to ask, what the leading BI platforms require & how to optimize workflows to streamline business processes. Youre proficient at SQL & proprietary BI platform environments, you have experience with cloud-based architectures, analytics data structures & data quality. You work well with Data Analyst partners, are comfortable leading technical BI discussions, know when & how to make decisions & you enjoy mentoring & helping others.
You'll be using a combination of 3rd party & homegrown BI tooling to help our business & product teams learn from our data. In this role, youll help us build & evolve the BI solutions, working with our 3rd party vendor & other teams across engineering, product, finance, marketing, sales & customer success.
In the first month, youll
- start off by learning the ropes, spending time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on our BI tech stack & data structures with overview sessions & deep dives with your team.
- contribute code to production systems.
Within 3 months, youll:
- share responsibility for BI tooling with other members of your team.
- help to plan new features & improvements.
- begin to take more of a role in helping others understand our BI strategy.
Within 6 months, youll:
- own an area of the BI stack.
- design BI features that impact multiple teams.
- be influential in helping plan the next iterations of our BI tooling.
- bring new ideas to our engineering & BI processes to help us improve constantly.
Why you should work here:
We recognize & reward hard work with:
- Competitive compensation package including company equity.
- Paid benefits for employees & their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance
- 401 (k) savings plan with company matching.
- Flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking, & dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self by support you with:
- A diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own & drive critical projects
- Daily catered lunch
- Individual Learning & Development fund & professional training
- Generous leave & flexible hours
- Daily catered lunch & a fully stocked kitchen
- And More!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.