If you are a Java Engineer looking to be challenged & solve complex problems, then come be part of a team that works on our high transaction AdTech platform that handles over 150 Billion ad requests a day!
The Rubicon Project is growing, & we're hiring talented Engineers with Senior level experience in Java who have a passion for working on APIs & microservices that support our web applications. This is a great opportunity for talented, detail oriented, experienced, & entrepreneurial engineers who want to push their engineering boundary in the Digital Advertising space. We want someone who is unafraid to take responsibility, & is passionate, open, fast & detail-oriented in their work.
Founded in 2007, Rubicon Projects pioneering technology created a new model for the advertising industry. Today, our automated advertising platform is used by the worlds leading publishers & applications to transact with top brands around the globe enabling them to reach more than 1 billion consumers. Rubicon Project operates the largest independent Display Advertising Exchange & Supply Side Platform that automates the buying & selling of Display Advertising across all formats on all devices.
What you will be doing:
- Be an end-to-end owner of software services spanning technology boundaries
- Be a creative problem-solver who can draw on an array of expertise & technology to design & implement reliable, scalable & maintainable solutions to challenging problems
- Translate business requirements into technical designs & project plans
- Write production-ready code & unit tests that meet both system & business requirements
- Respond to feature requests, bug reports, performance issues & ad-hoc questions
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to deliver quality software
- Support operation of services in production
- Perform code reviews & design reviews
- Mentor of other developers on the team
What we look for:
- 6+ years production coding experience in server side Java
- Experience designing & building microservices, web apps, & enterprise server systems
- Expertise in Service-oriented architectures, microservices, advanced database schemas, relational & nonrelational databases, highly scalable & available web services.
- Experience with microservices with Spring Boot, Docker, CoreOS, mesos, Kubernetes a plus
- Hands on experience in building RESTful Web-services.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services AWS & all of its assorted tools & technologies
- Experience working with messaging systems. (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- Experience with Web Application Servers including Apache Http & Tomcat
- Prior experience using SQL, Hibernate & one or more DB (MySQL, Oracle, PostGres)
- Experience with automated testing frameworks (TDD, Mocking, Unit/Functional/Integration)
- Experience with development & CI tools: maven, git, Jenkins, Puppet, Crucible, Jira
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Expertise building software in an agile development environment
- B.S. in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or related science required.
What's in it for you:
- Career growth opportunities: We encourage you to carve your own path across the organization & provide opportunities to grow professionally
- Hungry?: Each Rubicon Project office offers free daily lunches daily & a fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks.
- Take time for yourself: We offer an unlimited vacation policy & encourage you to refresh yourself as you need. We also close down the last two weeks of the year for a paid Holiday Break.
- 401k Match: We offer an unique 401K match program with a variety of tax break benefits
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety of low cost medical, dental & vision plans to cover you & your loved ones with a multitude of options. In addition, we offer BasicLife & Disability Coverageprovided at no cost to you
- Perks: Discounts to major name brand items, Travel benefit options, plus much more!