At Pocket we love what we do, but more meaningfully we are building something that millions of people love, too. Pockets content platform has become essential to how people discover & consume content worthy of their time & attention. Nearly 30 million people have saved more than 3 billion articles & videos to Pocket to-date.
If you are passionate about using technology to improve people's lives, we believe Pocket has challenges in front of us that will excite you. We're hoping you'll be ready to jump in & get into the details, too. We're a small team that has the resources of a large company (Pocket was acquired by Mozilla in 2017) & that means lots of opportunity to grow, to help drive new product & go-to-market strategies & to make a tremendous impact daily.
Pocket is now seeking an intelligent, self-motivated & resourceful individual to join as a Senior Brand Partnerships Manager in New York or San Francisco to help take our thriving integrated media, ad sales & content research sales efforts to a new level. You should have an active network of client/agency relationships & a consistent track record of building & delivering solid sales solutions in an effective & scalable way. This is a fabulous opportunity & an excellent environment for someone looking to advance their career & be part of an innovative & dynamic organization.
The Senior Brand Partnership Manager is responsible for building success by identifying, qualifying & selling prospects & existing clients on the value of Pocket. In this role you will establish a solid framework of understanding Pocket, create an actionable plan of execution for assigned territory & meet sales goals. The best candidate brings existing relationships with them to the table, & they are comfortable presenting at both a tactical & strategic level; all the while evangelizing, educating & influencing at both the agency & client.
What youll do:
- Build & maintain effective relationship at both agency & client direct
- Develop leads & maintain a strong sales pipeline to ensure sufficient opportunities exist to meet revenue goals
- Assess potential business deals, through RFP response & pursue proactive opportunities via strategic partnerships
- Keep up-to-date & detailed records of sales activity through a CRM solution & effectively forecast monthly & quarterly sales
- Exceptional client service background - Track, analyze & communicate performance of advertiser campaigns on Pocket
- General understanding of Content Marketing & Native Advertising
- The ability to articulate complex ideas in an elegant, meaningful way for the benefit of clients & internal teams
- Present client feedback to Pocket Product & Marketing teams & work to develop new sales offerings to meet your clients needs
- 2-4 years digital media sales or advertising experience with history of exceeding sales goals
- Extremely organized with strong time management & prioritization skills
- New business expert, managing a high volume of sales calls & meetings per day/week
- Strategic thinking to service existing accounts
- Exceptional verbal, writing & presentation skills
- A swift decision maker, able to confidently deliver quality in a rapidly growing & changing organization
- Comfortable in high level conversations with senior brand marketers & key decision makers with the ability to negotiate & close business deals
- Detailed knowledge of online media planning terms & processes
- Immersed in digital culture, with knowledge of trends & innovation in the digital space
- Maintain proper adherence to company standards
Learn more on our blog. To learn more about the Mozilla acquisition of Pocket, please visit our blog.
Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting & hiring process & is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.