Company Description|Job Description
Guardant Health develops breakthrough diagnostic technologies to improve cancer management. With Guardant360, we offer real-time, biopsy-free tumor sequencing that tracks tumor genomics in real-time & identifies associated treatment options. The assay is used by more than 6,000 oncologists & we partner with more than 50 biopharma companies.
Guardant Health raised over $550M from Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Ventures, OrbiMed & Softbank, before having a successful IPO on NASDAQ in 2018. Guardant is led by a seasoned management team of thought leaders & successful serial entrepreneurs in next generation sequencing & rare cell diagnostics. They are advised by an oncologist-led medical steering committee from leading cancer centers.
As a Scientist in the LUNAR Technology Development team, you will work with members of the team & collaborate cross-functionally with members of technology development, bioinformatics, process engineering, automation, clinical development, & operations. You will be hands-on in the lab, leading & participating in efforts to develop, implement, validate, & transfer assays to our clinical lab. You will lead & participate in teams supporting the development of IVD & LDT products. An ideal candidate would have experience with NGS assay development for automated platforms in a regulated environment.Preference is given to candidates with experience developing/optimizing oligonucleotide-based assay methodology including hybrid capture-related methods.
- Execute studies aimed at improving & streamlining NGS assays
- Collaborate cross-functionally to facilitate the effective transfer of methods & processes to the CLIA lab
- Identify areas for improvement in assay work stream & propose & implement solutions
- Ensure all work is performed & documented in compliance with applicable regulatory & quality practices (CLIA/CAP, IVD (Design Control), ISO13485)
- Present data, proposals, & progress in various forums & to technical & non-technical audiences
- Strong foundation in molecular biology techniques including sample preparation for NGS
- Quantitative/analytical mindset- ability to segment complex problems into fundamental parts/basic principles, develop models & experimental tests for those models, & synthesize results into actionable solutions
- Experience with NGS data analysis tools (Python, R, IGV, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to organize, document & communicate scientific data
- Sense of humor is a must
- Consummate team player: demonstrated ability to contribute in an environment where numerous contributions are required to accomplish complex goals
- Enjoy working independently & collaboratively in a fast-paced environment & able to adapt to change
- Curiosity & drive
Experience in the following areas is highly desirable:
- Product development in a regulated environment
- Experience with assay development for automated liquid handling platforms
- Experience optimizing/developing oligonucleotide- & hybrid capture- based technologies.
PhD in Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry or related field & >5 years of relevant work experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.