Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
We are looking for a talented & experienced engineering leader who is excited at the opportunity to lead services at scale to power Twilios next generation products. You are eager to learn from the team as well as inspire your teammates with your knowledge & skills.
- You thrive as a champion for your team, setting individuals up for success & putting others growth first.
- You have strong experience leading & managing distributed teams.
- You are passionate about operational excellence & know how to build an engineering organization that delivers it.
- You understand the architecture & processes required to build & operate always-available complex & scalable distributed systems in cloud & DevOps environments.
- You are familiar with agile processes, continuous integration & test automation.
- You are a strategic thinker & thrive operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- You love to make an impact & thrive in collaborative, energetic teams.
- You can own multiple disparate sets of areas & you are able to distill complex & ambiguous situations into actionable plans for your team.
- Bonus: You have experience with Machine Learning or data products.
- BE AN OWNER
- Own, operate & maintain your teams services. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Oversee on-call incident escalation & response processes for the team.
- Lead & grow a team of passionate engineers in an early-stage product. Provide support & guidance that enables the team to self-organize & to achieve sustained high velocity & predictability.
- Collaborate on roadmaps with Product Managers, Architects & Tech Leads to ensure the team has clear direction & priorities.
- EMPOWER OTHERS
- As a member of the Engineering Management team, foster leadership principles & behaviors throughout the organization to groom the next generation of leaders.
- Help employees grow through career development, coaching & mentoring while guiding senior contributors to maximize their potential.
- Act as an ambassador for Twilio, recruiting & motivating top talent.
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the worlds communications. Customer conversations are one of the most informative indicators of a product & business health. They cover every time a customer was delighted, frustrated, buying more, closing their account, needing help, etc. But usually those conversations are trapped away in a black box, analyzed only by listening to them one by one, or with basic keyword search capabilities.
The Twilio AI team is building a platform that uses machine learning to transcribe, categorise, & extract meaning out of customer conversations so companies can evaluate every one of them & build workflows that automate actions, like prioritizing high value leads to follow up on or identifying customers likely to churn. Our goal is to help companies power more effective business processes & better customer engagement, by understanding the meaning in every conversation.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We are a team that believes in remote working & remote-friendly practices, & we are distributed across three continents. This position can be located in either the US or EU, either remote or (post-COVID) in one of Twilio's offices . What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work & home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do & be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl & not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.