Senior Manager, PS Architects
Location US Remote
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For six straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage is seeking a senior manager for our fast-growing Professional Services team. You will recruit, motivate & mentor team members to deliver a world-class customer experience.
You will partner with external customers as well as internal teams, to develop highly-scalable, resilient data management solutions that deliver on the customer business outcomes. You love thinking strategically about business problems, products, & technical challenges & thrive on connecting technology with measurable business value for customers. Most importantly, leading your team to collaborate, excel & improve their performance energizes you! This position is ideal for a manager looking to take the next step in their career & work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial culture.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
You will become intimately acquainted with the customer's/partners business requirements, technical needs, systems, environment & service history,to deliver targeted, value-added solutions. This leadership role covers some pre-sales & delivery functions, thus you need to be comfortable navigating both areas , while guiding your team to achieve results. Other duties you will be responsible for:
- Responsible for overseeing a team of technical design architects to ensure customer satisfaction across all assigned accounts & projects.
- Provide continuous feedback to direct reports through regular coaching, employee development, & annual performance reviews.
- Develop & cultivate highly collaborative & productive relationships with Sales, Sales Engineers, Product Management, Engineering & other cross-functional leaders to enable sales & drive Pure Storage success.
- Participate in pre-sale engagements with customers, presenting Professional Services capabilities to enterprise customers with compelling value propositions.
- Lead, support, & implement Professional Services, Customer Experience, & Pure Storage corporate initiatives.
- Manage escalations as a result of CSAT issues.
- Provide feedback on the services portfolio to help engineer & launch new services.
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE
- Strong leadership capabilities & experience in all aspects of Professional Services operations with a demonstrated track record of success of scaling a high-quality organization.
- Strategic knowledge of the services sales processes & strong business acumen.
- High degree of competency developing, leading, & inspiring services-focused teams to overachieve goals.
- Well versed on strengths & weaknesses of key competitors in the data storage industry & how to leverage this knowledge for building up a competitive advantage.
- Working knowledge of customer expectations for large Enterprise & Global accounts.
- Experience in some or all of the technology pillars that enable customers to leverage Pures Modern Data Experience - Data Management/Protection/Migration, Analytics/AI/ML, Business Applications, Kubernetes, Portworx, & MultiCloud.
- Ability to build strong relationships externally with our customers & partners as well as with internal stakeholders
- Executive presence with superior communication, collaboration & influence skills as well as the ability to have difficult conversations.
- Must be enthusiastic, action oriented, capable of independently solving complex workflow problems, & able to communicate clearly & effectively to internal & external stakeholders.
- 8-12 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelors Degree; Masters Degree preferred, or a combination of relevant education & experience.
- Able to travel (Up to 50%)
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses the information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.