Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
As Applications Development Manager you will lead a team of committed Software Engineers & partner with key business stakeholders to enable, enhance, & support Casper's supply chain operations to ensure that we can continue to exceed the expectations of our customers.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do...
- Manage a team of software engineers with a focus on business impact, scalable design, & robust technology.
- Partner with business stakeholders, program managers, & other Technology teams to enable, enhance, & support Casper's operations through the power of technology.
- Lead a Github-based code review process that produces elegant code, eliminates bugs, identifies & resolves all major security issues, & addresses scaling challenges.
- Lead a production change review process in order to ensure that all production changes are per company policies & standards, for regulated systems, & generally follow best practices for the others.
- Evaluate & prioritize workload for the team. Perform Sprint planning & see through execution. Act as an escalation point for support tickets as needed, & redirect feature programming effort to reduce operational load over time
- Actively participate in the planning process & Technology Design Review processes.
- Act as an SME for the systems in scope. Perform periodic analysis & improve the resilience & robustness of Operations Technology ecosystem.
- Lead solutions design exercises. Take a platform-first approach to software development & be comfortable with leveraging out of the box functionalities of ERP (JD Edwards) & Integration Platform (Mulesoft) while custom developing the unique requirements of our business.
- Own, build, & develop ongoing improvements of integration points & interfaces within the Operations Tech ecosystem including EDI integration and API integrations with various public & private APIs.
- Provide day to day leadership to the team & foster productive collaboration. Mentor & coach direct reports through professional development plans.
- Think of new ways to improve the business through technology, & be ready to take ownership over their implementation.
Our dream candidate...
- 7 + years experience of overall applications development within a business environment. ECom, CPG, or other Supply Chain oriented industries are highly preferred.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in working within Supply Chain Technologies including an ERP. JDE experience is a major plus.
- Proficient in web application frameworks & modern software development paradigms, in particular high-tempo CI/CD, chat ops, lean startup/enterprise & the agile methodology.
- Experience measuring tech team performance with SRE principles a big plus, in a general environment where data-informed management is highly prized.
- Proficient in Java & Ruby/Ruby-on-Rails programming languages.
- Has solid experience in working with APIs & systems integration. Mulesoft experience is a major plus.
- Experienced as a people manager successfully coaching direct reports into achieving team goals as well as individual goals.
- Experienced in building & contributing to diverse & inclusive environments.
- Has a degree in computer science or a STEM subject.
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves & get into the code/configuration if necessary.
The syrup on your waffles
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!