At Pursuit, all employees have the opportunity to make a profound, positive social impact. We are building a dynamic, impactful, ambitious, brilliant hard-working team to achieve our goals & support our national expansion.
Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates transformation where its needed most. Through our intensive, four-year software developer training program, we teach high-need, high-potential adults the technical skills & industry smarts needed to get their first tech jobs, advance in their careers, & become the next generation of leaders in tech.
Our graduates are hired by leading companies like Pinterest, Kickstarter, LinkedIn, BlackRock, & JPMorgan Chase, & increase their average annual salaries from $18,000 to over $85,000. By connecting talent with opportunity, Pursuit empowers graduates to transform their families, tech companies, & communities across the nation. Read about our work in the New York Times: Income Before: $18,000. After: $85,000. Does Tiny Nonprofit Hold a Key to the Middle Class?
About the Role
The Program Operations Coordinator will undertake a variety of administrative & management tasks to support the seamless execution of the Core Fellowship from acceptance through graduation. The Program Operations Coordinator will work directly Core team leadership, instructional staff & Fellows. Your work will be split across supporting fellows, coordinating events, & managing data .
The Program Operations Coordinator will work a non-traditional schedule (exact hours flexible) with some regular weekend & evening work required.
- Maintain fellows Salesforce records throughout program through Fellow attainment of first job
- Distribute feedback surveys, monitor response rates, & create summaries of data
- Monitor attendance/assignment-completion & escalate gaps
- Monitor dashboards & flag data errors/inconsistencies Save & Finish Later
- Organize & manage important program documents (signed contracts, equipment contracts, enrollment letters)
- Organize & manage the Core Google Share Drive
- Create & distribute Fellow-facing newsletter with updates on industry & Pursuit events/opportunities
- Connect Fellows with external resources for greater financial & personal wellbeing supports (e.g. Goodwill, HRA, Food Pantries).
- Manage HRA paperwork, enrollment paperwork, for Fellows.
- Manage Goodwill office-hours
- Act as first line of response for Fellow inquiries from acceptance through graduation
- Follow up with Fellows on attendance/assignment completion issues.
- Plan & execute cultural/community events for Fellows (e.g. game nights, black history month panel, holiday party, movie night)
- Support the planning & execution of major Fellow-facing events, such as Orientation, Launch Week, Hackathon & Demo Day.
- Manage fellow attendance at pro skills & industry fluency events
- Support Zoom administration for cohort-wide events (e.g break out rooms, attendance, recordings)
- Schedule & manage fellow attendance at volunteer-led programming (office hours & interview practice
- 0-2 years of experience.
- Excellent organization, project management & communication skills.
- Experience building basic trackers/dashboards & using simple formulas in Google Sheets.
- Comfort with Google Suite & Zoom
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments with ambiguity
- Belief in our mission & in the potential of all people.
- Orientation toward creating systems/process.
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of NYC public assistance/non profit space
- Experience with event planning/management (professionally or for school clubs or events)
- Experience working with Pursuit target population
- Excitement about the tech industry
*Pursuit HQ are located in Long Island City, Queens, but our office is currently closed in accordance to state-mandates regarding Covid-19 safety. Staff is working remotely until further notice.
Our Values & Culture
At Pursuit, we operate as One Big Team, supporting one another & ensuring that everyone from staff to funders to board members & volunteers are aligned in our efforts to bring transformation to our community. Our values underscore everything we do.
Giving Our All: We have a strong moral & ethical purpose. It's a privilege to have the responsibility of our daily work & immense impact on the world. Our purpose coupled with exceptional passion creates a high sense of urgency & deep commitment to our students, to our community, & to each other.
Delivering Outcomes: Because our students deserve it, because our investors expect it, & because each of us demand it. We work with the best -- & we are immeasurably grateful for the time, resources, skill, & care that every member of our community invests in our mission. We earn their faith in us, renew their commitment, & thank them by delivering outcomes to each & every one of our stakeholders.
Data Driven, Human Judgement: We cant manage anything we cant measure. Data & analysis give definition & ownership to what we do. Evidenced-based decision making allows us to understand our impact & improve over time. At the same time, our work is about what things could be. We are driven by the potential of humanity & the faith in whats possible. Our work is about beating the odds & overcoming the counterfactual.
In addition to competitive compensation, we are happy to provide employees with a range of benefits. Our offerings include premium health, dental, & vision insurance, flexible paid time off, robust 401k matching, discounted gym memberships, & a fun & active workplace that includes drinks, snacks, & fun team events.
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds & experiences, & we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives & affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.