Flexport is experiencing massive growth with 2,000+ Flexporters across 14 global offices & warehouses. And were just getting started. In 2020 we moved to aggressively expand into North America Exports, & now were doubling down to accelerate this incredible growth. Were looking for driven & intellectually curious Account Executives to tackle this new service offering & take on the opportunity of building this segment from the ground up.
- Proactively consult with clients to understand their Export needs.
- Present Flexports product & service with the ability to sell the value of technology in the logistics industry.
- Generate a healthy pipeline through cold calling, trade shows, networking & other creative methods.
- Acquire new clients & facilitate their continuous growth through remote & in-person meetings.
- Maintain a structured approach to pricing & bid delivery in a continuous service, highly competitive environment.
- Understand & be able to effectively navigate a dynamic sales environment with a client-base consisting of multinational trading companies who have conducted business in centuries-old commodity markets.
- Partner with a Global Operations team to drive client success & revenue generation.
- Help build out a sales & operations playbook we can replicate for future expansion.
You should have:
- 5+ years in sales for freight forwarding or logistics, and/or commodity goods trading or shipping, with a focus on the US export market.
- BA/BS degree preferred.
- Solid knowledge of freight forwarding principles with a strategic & consultative mindset.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills, with a strong phone & in-person presence.
- Strong prospecting skills.
- A burning desire to win clients from competitors. Youre a team player, but you know that a little competition is healthy.
- To be a self-starter who can solve problems & take on new processes youre excited about the idea of building something.
- A team mindset, youll be working collaboratively across many different teams within the organization to build the foundations of this segment.
- An obsession with client happiness. You succeed when they succeed.
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.