Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, & state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
***** Candidates must have B2B SaaS project delivery experience to be considered*****
About the Project Manager (B2B SaaS) role:
OpenGov seeks to expand its early-stage Enterprise Project Management team with a highly organized & self-motivated Project Manager with a proven track record of complex problem solving, critical thinking, & successful delivery of implementation/deployment projects of enterprise-level software solutions in a SaaS environment.
To succeed in this role, this candidate will demonstrate exceptional ability to manage the following:
1. Manage the Project Scope (quality deliverables & customer experience), time (duration), & costs (effort).
2. Manage Communications effectively with internal & external stakeholders.
3. Manage the Solution Development: deliver successful solution deployments in close partnership with cross-functional teams.
4. Manage Customer Expectations. Maintain a seamless customer experience & overall satisfaction from the process & the results.
As an OpenGov Project Manager, you'll enjoy challenging & innovative projects & thrive in a fast-paced environment where accountability is paramount. A successful candidate will bring experience in project management fundamentals, proven leadership capabilities, excellent written & verbal communication skills, strong people management (direct & indirect reports), passion for the success of the customer, & a desire to bring innovative technology to the government sector.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
• Set scope, timeline, & deliverables to ensure a successful deployment for multiple customers.
• Provide leadership to deployment team members & customer resources.
• Monitor project portfolio & identify early indicators for risks & issues, & take ownership of mitigation plans as necessary.
• Contribute to the ongoing development of project management & delivery methodology for OpenGov's enterprise SaaS solutions.
• Ability to manage a portfolio of 10-15 projects for tracking & delivery.
• Be a primary point of contact for project implementation activity.
• Establish command & control of project delivery both internally & externally.
• Partner with cross-functional teams to gather key documentation & required resources in order to set appropriate expectations with internal & external stakeholders.
• Ability to innovate in a minimally structured environment, while bringing best practices to help provide appropriate structure.
• Strong ability to flex quickly to changing situations, while relying on project management training & principles to ensure projects are under control.
• Track & report on project progress, budget, & health.
• Participate in the sales process as needed.
• Prospect specific implementation approaches, scopes, & plans.
• Support Statement of Work creation on an as-needed basis.
• Assist in enhancing our methodology of project delivery of our growing set of solutions.
• Occasionally travel to customer sites to conduct training & solidify customer relationships (estimated 25-50%).
• Minimum of 5 years of increasing project management responsibilities in a SaaS environment.
• Proven experience with one or more ERP solutions, with an emphasis on standardized delivery methodology.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate diplomatically & effectively with internal & external executives & stakeholders.
• Ability to influence customer resources to stay on track with project plans.
• Exceptional written, oral communication, & critical thinking skills.
• Experience using project management tools such as MS Project to plan & track large, complex projects.
• Proven experience serving as a project lead & motivating teams to action.
• Strong aptitude for technology tools & solutions.
• Extra strong analytical thinking, strong system perspective, & diligent process analysis skills.
• Strong initiative, innovative thinking skills, & ability to analyze details & translate them into the big picture” view.
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing product & respond strategically to customer needs.
• Technical aptitude & proficiency with Professional Services & CRM tools.
• Experience with government operational/budgeting concepts & practices and/or operational/financial solutions is a strong plus.
• Strong knowledge & application of PMBOK principles.
• PMP certification preferred.