As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Director, Governance Risk & Compliance will be responsible for leading the up-front planning & subsequent execution of Cybersecurity initiatives that support the overall Cybersecurity acquisition agenda for acquired entities. This includes management of all aspects of Cybersecurity across scope, schedule, & budget components such as program management, financial planning & tracking, & governance & oversight responsibilities. This position interacts with a wide range of stakeholders both within Cybersecurity, Technology & also with cross-functional teams, including Enterprise Risk & Regulatory teams.
- Provide program management, Cybersecurity integration, & cross-functional execution of large-scale, high visibility initiatives associated to Cybersecurity Integration of acquired entities which includes management of scope, schedule & finance.
- Support Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) post-close integration for Cybersecurity deliverables consistently following the M&A methodology
- Provide oversight, program-level guidance & direction to the cross-functional team of project leads/SMEs.
- Partner with key Technology & cross-functional stakeholders to drive key program activities:
- Develop integration plans across Cybersecurity functional areas
- Track program budgets, forecasts & resourcing levels
- Conduct program reviews across delivery teams
- Provide executive management with program updates
- Manage program risks & issues
- Identify & manage dependencies
- Lead communication & track deliverables & ensure quality of deliverable
- Holds accountability for all aspects of the program or programs, liaising directly with the program sponsor and/or the global portfolio director, ensuring they are kept up-to-date on the progress of the program, potential risks & delays, budget concerns, etc.
- Manages all aspects of the program or programs from conception through to completion; shapes program architecture & ensures discrete projects, milestones & dependencies are clearly articulated, understood & addressed in the planning & execution of the project work.
- Foresees & anticipates issues & delays that may occur during the program or programs & puts contingency plans in place as appropriate.
- Acts as an escalation point for the project management team, assisting & supporting them in dealing with the most complex & / or unique situations & the most challenging stakeholders.
- Continually seek opportunities & recommend improvements to project delivery practices & processes
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 10-12years of experience delivering complex, cross-functional programs delivering to time commitments with strong attention to detail; experience in financial and/or technology industries a plus but not required.
- Experience in security, software engineering, risk management, compliance, information systems or other relevant field.
- Solid analytical & problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically & drive decision making.
- Deep knowledge of security practices & controls applied to pragmatically address security risks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills & ability to establish trust with internal/external partners.
- Organized, self-driven, & comfortable handling high-profile & complex situations.
- Excellent verbal, written, & presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical & business issues and/or solutions to multiple organizational levels internally & externally as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to manage through influence, but without direct management authority.
- Strong leadership qualities & organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, & roles.
- PMP, Prince II, Certified Scrum Master, or similar certification a plus but not required.
- Consulting experience is a plus.
- Financial services & card payments experience is a plus.
- Experience with managing programs under a well-defined project management methodology.
- Experience with Visa tools & processes is a plus.
- Solid analytical skills & ability to think strategically.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex organization where the ability to discover & internalize diverse stakeholder goals is critical to brokering solutions that are in the best interest of Visa as a whole.
- Independent judgment & mature decision-making skills to deal with projects that often have enterprise-wide scope & may have significant financial & compliance impacts.
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed.
- Ability to negotiate & gain consensus between organizations where competing priorities exist.
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 20-30% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.