Type: Full Time
Location: The role is based in London
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI & public data to work for our clients, generating relevant & actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, & NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events & emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public & private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, & respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth & innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 & Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for Most Innovative Use of AI from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team -- & help the world manage risk in real time. Youll work with 600+ talented people across seven offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, & have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're an experienced operational leader with a proven ability to drive strategic initiatives that align with business objectives.
You're a problem solver by nature. You're organizationally savvy & agile, & can get things done through both formal & informal channels. You can identify when a process is inefficient, broken or missing. You naturally look to data-focused & technical solutions to problems & are passionate about the power of technology & AI.
You produce your best work as part of a team & are able to bring people together to find the right solution for the business. This is a unique opportunity to make an impact at a fast-growing technology company.
- Proven Operations leader than can help run an office of 30+ focused on training our AI models that detect breaking information for our three product verticals: Public Sector, Corporate Risk, & News
- Closely monitor & analyze reports, metrics, & SOPs ensuring high-quality work product
- Lead highly visible, strategic initiatives across teams addressing critical opportunities or issues
- Partner with senior leadership & cross-functional team leads to develop & implement strategies to achieve organizational KPIs & goals
- Work closely with our product & engineering team to make improvements on internal product features that increase efficiency & help us serve our customers
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Prior experience leading operations in an office or large team preferred
- Several years of operations leadership experience with a background in business operations, operations strategy or management consulting
- Commercial focus with experience in large scale, multidisciplinary teams
- Superior communication, presentation, & interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical & scaled-operations capabilities
- Excellent ability to make decisions & resolve problems quickly & effectively
- Excellent organizational skills to effectively manage smooth workflows
- Drive to develop new approaches which further improve operational effectiveness for teams
- Intellectually curious with a life-long passion for learning
Why you should work here:
- We recognize & reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees & their dependents such as Health & Dental insurance, Vision Care & Income Protection & Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, & passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning & development fund & professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks & beverages, & catered meals, Bi-monthly company outings, Dataminr Yoga
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental & physical wellbeing, meditation & health & fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, colour, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect & process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy & applicable data protection laws. By providing your details & applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.