We are looking for a seasoned strategic storyteller who cares deeply about co-creating, articulating, & amplifying what makes a company a great place to work. You will wear two strategic hats: 1) Employee Engagement & 2) Talent Brand. You are passionate about identifying clear success metrics for both areas, to measure the impact of our engagement & talent brand programs & help maximize the value they provide to Squarespace. You will lead the development of key strategic initiatives including an employee recognition program that celebrates employees & connects to our company values & tenets, as well as a company Employee Value Proposition (EVP) that truly captures our culture & demonstrates what makes us unique. You will innovate & test out methods to capture the attention of sought after job candidates & our increasingly dispersed population (at a time we are both becoming truly hybrid & growing our international footprint). At the end of the day, you are pumped to excite, connect, & motivate existing & future Squarespace team members.
You will report directly to our Senior Director, Internal Communications, Talent Brand & Engagement.
This role can be based in NY or Remote (in any of the locations in which Squarespace is approved to run its business operations - see application question below).
YOU'LL GET TO
- Spearhead development of our first company Employer Value Proposition (EVP) & integrate it throughout our employment lifecycle.
- Design an integrated engagement strategy for our hybrid workforce, making a positive impact on the day to day experience of busy & dispersed employees around the world.
- Develop a strategic approach to measure the success of our campaigns, programs & initiatives across talent brand & engagement.
- Partner with People Analytics & leverage insights to understand what matters to Squarespace employees & job candidates.
- Lead selection & application processes for company certifications, awards & rankings to increase brand awareness of Squarespace as a great place to work.
- Create an employee recognition program to acknowledge & celebrate Squarespace employees.
- Collaborate with your team members (Internal Communications, Talent Brand & Engagement) as well as colleagues on our Talent Development, Recruiting, HRBP, & DICSR teams to understand the end to end employment lifecycle & identify key opportunities for consistency in messaging & experience.
- Stay on top of trends in talent attraction & talent retention to create a seamless ecosystem that both draws in candidates & engages employees.
- Develop presentations & communications to keep various audiences & stakeholders apprised of key milestones & strategic goals.
- Help to create an awesome experience for the people who work at Squarespace & the people who will work with us in the future!
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- 8+ progressive experience in roles that encompass brand strategy, engagement, communications, employer branding, marketing or related experience.
- Proven track record of building brand or engagement strategies, gaining buy-in, bringing ideas to life, & driving results through measurement, tracking & iteration.
- Natural relationship-builder comfortable with influencing partners & stakeholders across functions & at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work autonomously or collaboratively, & easily transition between the two.
- Experience working with a global and/or distributed workforce, with appreciation for cultural nuances around the world including what is important to employees & job seekers in different regions.
- Pride of ownership & accountability in your work.
- Strong communication & presentation skills.
- Passionate about working with data & insights to inform program effectiveness.
- Previous experience working with a budget & managing vendor relationships.
- Natural builder who is comfortable learning fast & acting fast.
- Organizational skills & attention to detail.
- Solutions-focused when confronted with obstacles.
- Bonus points for experience working at a company undergoing hyper-growth or transformation.
- BA/BS degree in related field or equivalent practical experience
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace in NYC
- Free lunch & snacks in offices
- Private rooftop
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, Los Angeles, California & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.