Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa isthe best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & thecommon purposethat unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers anuncommon opportunityto build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa is seeking a Sr. Director, Human Resources Business Partner to act as the primary business partner to support clients within the Business Functions organization (e.g. Sales, Product, Merchant, Business Solutions). This individual will act as a strategic thought partner to the executives & will have a business-focused mindset to help translate business objectives to human capital strategies. The individual will have responsibility for clients in multiple geographic locations & partner with the HR leadership team on planning & delivering HR programs & services to the business. The Sr. Director, HRBP will operate as a trusted advisor & business partner to functional executives serving as the expert on people & organizational issues. The successful candidate will be comfortable navigating challenging forces in the dynamic payments space & be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with significant change; employing only the necessary HR processes that enable the organization to innovate & grow.
Provide proactive & strategic guidance & support for organizational planning & development initiatives that align the human resources agenda in support of key business strategies & initiatives
Drive an effective client-service HR team that instills company-wide trust & value for the HR function
Ensure that strategic human capital goals & initiatives in client groups align as appropriate cross the broader organization
Ensure that human resource costs & services are aligned with organizational goals
Critical Competencies for Success
Relationship Building/Influencing: Demonstrate effective & appropriate influencing skills with senior management/partners, combining high-level human capital knowledge with deep organizational understanding. Build strong relationships with solid trust & mutual respect as the foundation. Leverage strong judgement skills to make decisions. Instinctively know when & how to introduce change, in such a way that it is broadly accepted & institutionalized
- Serve as a strategic business partner to senior leadership focused on a transformational talent agenda designed to attract, develop & retain the best talent in the industry
- Understand business strategies & how to develop high impact human capital solutions
- Have a data driven mindset to assess organizational metrics & provide insights to the business
- Consistently measures effectiveness of HR initiatives & programs to ensure they are delivering desired outcomes
- Help foster a culture of innovation, in an environment that requires high levels of scalability, security & reliability
- Provide daily support to managers with employee attraction, development, & retention issues which may include: Annual reviews, Leadership coaching, Career pathing, Advanced HR reporting & metrics, Special project assistance
- Closely partners with HR Centers of Excellences & other HRBPs to deliver superior results to the business
- Experience designing & delivering programs in the following areas:
- Workforce Planning
- Talent Management
- Change Management
- Leadership Development
- Employee Engagement
- Cultural Change
- Organizational Design
- Have executive presence & strong communication skills to partner with senior levels of management
- Strong collaboration skills within & outside of HR
- Serve as a role model & thought leader on Human Capital issues & coaches other HRBPs in their development
12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 8+ years of successful business partnership at a divisional/executive level, with proven success in linking HR strategies to the business
- Preference for experience in the Technology or Financial Services industries working in progressive HR models. Multi-company experience is strongly preferred
- Manage medium to enterprise-wide projects/initiatives with minimal supervision
- Experience in working effectively across all levels of an organization
- Hands on approach willing to roll up sleeves to deliver results
- Experience in a growing global business & positive reputation for working effectively across levels of an organization
- Successful implementation of operational & strategic programs & processes across a dispersed region
- Ability to assess an organization, identify gaps, & develop solutions
- Possess strong influencing & interpersonal skills, honed in a demanding & high performing work environment
Critical Competencies for Success
Relationship Building / Influencing: Demonstrate effective & appropriate influencing skills with senior management/partners, combining high-level human capital knowledge with deep organizational understanding. Build strong relationships with solid trust & mutual respect as the foundation. Leverage strong judgment skills to make decisions. Instinctively know when & how to introduce change, in such a way that it is broadly accepted & institutionalized.
Strong Intellect: Bright individual, with ability to combine analytical reasoning, creativity & judgment. Quick study, able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously. Able to deal effectively with strategic issues, as well as tactical operational details.
Highly Ethical: Can be trusted to do only the right thing for the employees, shareholders, & others. Follows a balanced approach without compromising integrity.
Values & Leadership: Demonstrates alignment to Visa's Values (Integrity, Clients, People, Collaboration, Innovation & Excellence). Demonstrates commitment to growing & developing internal talent.
Results Oriented: Energetic, resourceful, with strong service orientation & positive can-do attitude. Fully committed to the job & to deliver outstanding work. Never satisfied with status-quo, continually striving for excellence. Enjoys working hands-on.
Change Agent: Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day HR matters. Able to anticipate risks & propose practical plans to mitigate them. Appreciates HR's impact & how HR is an integral part of the company's business strategy.
Low Ego: Puts needs of the business ahead of him/herself. Operates in a transparent fashion without a personal agenda. Possesses a well-developed sense of humor & listens first.
Self-starter: Able to challenge the status-quo sensitively & constructively. Intellectually agile, self-confident & highly articulate.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.