Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Quality Improvement Operations Associate to join our Quality Improvement team in our California office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Quality Improvement (QI) program seeks to continuously improve the member care & services provided by Oscar & our network partners. In this role, you will work on operations & initiatives to support local & national programs. You will coordinate quality committee operations & documentation. Here at Oscar we move quickly & are perpetually introducing new ideas. We need you to not only be able to think analytically & strategically, but, just as important, to execute on those ideas.
You will report into the Senior Manager, Quality Operations
- Support the national program structure to ensure that regular reports, meetings & initiatives are documented appropriately to meet NCQA, CMS & other regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate quality committee meetings & associated reports, minutes & presentations.
- Ensure appropriate practitioner participation in the QI program through recruitment & payment coordination.
- Keep team information pages/procedures up to date & ensure any relevant trainings are issued & logged appropriately.
- Assist with policy oversight & requests for regulatory filings.
- Act as a subject matter expert on NCQA QI standards relevant to the program documentation & committee expectations.
- Manage & maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders as a representative of the quality team.
- 4+ years of healthcare related experience in project management or quality improvement/management.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Master degree in policy, public health or health administration preferred).
- You are comfortable & have direct experience facilitating formal meetings & writing reports & minutes that are used for NCQA or regulatory evidence.
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Have knowledge around industry best practices & regulatory compliant reporting.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.