The Regional Manager, Operations - Specialist Categories at The RealReal will oversee inbound operations for our high touch categories including fine jewelry, watches, home & art. This role will manage a team of specialists, & ensure that we meet or exceed expectations for authentication, pricing, identification, quality of listing & productivity, & adhere to our service level agreement. You will be deeply-rooted in all e-commerce center functions. You are a seasoned leader & collaborator who identifies opportunities, strives for business success & develops achievable strategies. You will manage a high-growth department; training, motivating & inspiring a team of Specialists & support functions. This role will report to the Director of Operations & will be responsible for managing to KPIs for the New Jersey region.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Hire & train top talent & manage the necessary staffing levels to support workflow & growth; foster an internal & external pipeline
- Create an environment that ensures a high level of employee engagement & accountability; set clear expectations; motivate, develop & coach team; manage performance & review cycle
- Maintain positive culture & strong engagement among the team
- Partner with Authentication teams to develop talent, uplevel expertise, & maximize team potential.
- Maintain administrative duties, i.e. payroll processing, attendance tracking, new hire onboarding
- Manage to KPIs & manage metrics & trends closely
- Obsess over service for internal & external clients. Aim to meet or exceed Consignor & Customer expectations by providing outstanding service
- Set targets & metrics, monitor & report on daily performance to ensure quality & productivity goals are achieved & the smooth resolution of exceptions; anticipate & manage pipeline & product flow accordingly
- Provide solutions in response to obstacles & identify opportunities for efficiencies
- Work with cross functional partners to ensure ongoing operational quality & efficiency.
What You Bring To The Role
- 10+ years management experience; production environment or e-commerce experience preferred
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university required
- Solid analytical skills
- Proficiency in google suite, business or warehouse software
- Proven problem solving skills with a strong commitment to action
- The capability to navigate ambiguity & be flexible to changing needs & priorities
- The ability to prioritize multiple time-sensitive tasks and/or escalate issues
- Demonstrated ability to self start & manage people with organizational effectiveness to maximize productivity, locally & remotely
- Passion for creating a high caliber team with dedication to operational excellence & providing outstanding customer service
- The skills to work effectively & collaboratively in teams to meet shared goals & deadlines, & foster cross-functional partnerships
- Attention to detail, strong organizational & communication skills, geared towards large groups
- Background or passion for furniture, jewelry, watches, decor, fine art, or a related field is a plus
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.