Vimeo is in search of an SEO content strategist to improve organic discovery of Vimeo as a video technology solution! Were looking for content marketers with a growth approach; growth aficionados with an editorial eye; hybrid marketing artist-scientists with a strong background in SEO & content marketing, preferably for SaaS companies.
Were rapidly growing Vimeos SEO team, & are going to be experimenting a lot! In this role, you will be a subject matter expert & own one of our main search topic areas. Youll work with technical SEO specialists, developers, & product marketing to boost search rankings, provide a better user experience for Vimeos audiences, & increase organic traffic for target topics & keywords.
Who you are:
- You possess a robust understanding of SEO strategy & Google ranking factors.
- You are a gifted writer. You can rattle off 20 catchy headlines at the drop of a hat, you dont believe in jargon, & have well-worn copy of Strunk & White on your desk.
- You understand what good writing looks like & have outstanding editing & proofreading skills.
- You have a curious mind & the ability to find whats captivating about topics that might otherwise seem boring or complex.
- Youre driven by results & prioritize impact over perfection.
- Youre familiar with buyer personas & funnel stages, & you understand the role that content plays within a larger marketing strategy: help generate demand, capture new search traffic, & establish Vimeo as an inspiring leader in the space.
- You have a strong eye for detail in order to catch typos, grammatical lapses & the different nuances of requested topics.
What youll do:
- Work with offsite agency & in-house partners to identify the right keywords & develop & implement a content strategy to capture them.
- Track competitive landscape & conduct content audits to identify search trends & opportunities, with the help & guidance of our SEO specialists.
- Work with Vimeo subject matter authorities to bring new & original information & perspectives that help audiences be more successful & effective with video.
- Help make content successful by working with other teams to promote content, optimize conversion paths, & build links.
- Work with offsite freelance writers to implement content plans, delivering detailed briefs, copy-editing drafts, & providing feedback in a timely manner.
- Manage SEO content projects effectively & accurately, working with writers, designers, developers, & other partners, both in-house & offsite.
- Support special projects from an SEO perspective, including product releases & demand gen campaigns as needed.
- Be responsible for a content calendar for your topic area, producing articles & landing pages that educate & compel readers to take the next step.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Experience with Google Analytics, WordPress, & SEMRush
- Solid understanding & work experience in content writing, content marketing, & SEO keyword research
- Proven experience with editorial SEO & crafting content that ranks & converts, both written & video
- Experience editing freelance writers & writing detailed content briefs
- Analytical skills to dig into website data & track content performance
- Proven experience conducting interviews with subject matter authorities & incorporating their insights into easily digestible advice
- Knack for digging out primary sources & a comfort turning stats into truly original content
- Able to work independently
- Proactive, flexible, & hardworking teammate
Nice to have:
- 1+ year experience with B2B tech/SaaS
- Solid understanding of technical SEO (and maybe even the skills to implement some front-end changes)
- Experience writing about video technology & use cases
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.