Squarespace Customer Operations empowers users through scalable self-help tools, personalized support, & customer advocacy. Customer Operations runs 24/7 with over 300 people based in New York, Dublin & Portland. Working within Customer Operations, the Content team produces help guides for the more than two million people who use Squarespace to carve out their piece of the web. We're customer advocates, & we're on a mission to help them succeed.
As a Senior Help Content Technical Writer, you'll create & improve help content with customer needs, internal feedback, & efficiency in mind. You'll work closely with your manager & teammates, ensuring your guides are accurate & aligned with Squarespace style & industry best practices. Our knowledge base is in an exciting growth stage as we scale up to support a multi-product platform, & there's a lot of room for ownership & developing expertise. You're perfect for this role if you're a strong technical writer & editor who takes end-to-end responsibility for complex projects, incorporates high-level strategy to support department & company goals, & promotes innovation, thoughtful risk-taking, & inclusivity.
You'll report to the Content Team Lead, & can be based in our New York, Portland, or Dublin offices, or remotely in the USA.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Write & refine help guides about Squarespace products, explaining complex concepts & steps in clear & accessible language
- Take full ownership of content on specific areas of the platform
- Build relationships with stakeholders & SMEs in Product, Product Support, Product Marketing, & Engineering
- Give feedback to teammates through rotating peer reviews, & contribute to the onboarding & development of newer writers
- Help expand & develop our chatbot
- Create or contribute to other support or product-focused content, like front site content, blog posts, & transactional emails
- Help evolve the voice of Squarespace Customer Operations
- 3+ years of technical writing experience, creating content for non-technical users in internet, consumer tech, web publishing, SaaS, or a related field
- Experience building content strategy for specific features or product areas
- Comfortable checking your ego at the door; open to feedback from multiple stakeholders to make a guide perfect
- Drive to simplify & iterate
- Experience using metrics to guide strategic content decisions
- Experience with help/documentation CMS, project management, & bug-tracking software
- Comfortable working in basic HTML
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.