Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building the systems, culture, & processes that will improve the resiliency, reliability, scaling, & performance for cloud services.
We are looking for a Manager to lead our Site Reliability Engineering team & work closely with our product engineering & infrastructure teams. The Manager for the Site Reliability Engineering team will be building a new group to change the way we provide products to our customers & help bring DigitalOceans engineering systems to the next level.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Working with stakeholders to develop & implement reliability & performance metrics
- Facilitate DigitalOceans culture of learning by providing insight & recommendations for improvement
- Recruit, hire & develop world-class engineers
- Coaching teams & individuals on reliability best practices & solutions
- Collaborating with engineering leadership to define the architectures & practices that should be adopted in order to deliver on our engineering & operational goals
- Providing technical leadership - best practices, testing, performance, reliability.
- Leading the SRE Team to improve services & processes (including architecture reviews, incident response, monitoring) in a cross-functional manner throughout the engineering organization
- Driving a high-performance culture within your team that iterates frequently & learns continuously without sacrificing product quality.
- Setting performance goals for team members; evaluating performance; providing coaching & facilitating professional development.
What Well Expect From You:
- Distinguished track record managing an SRE team (with experience implementing reliability, process, & scaling solutions)
- Demonstrated ability to lead positive change; empower people; cultivate product technology visions & innovative solutions.
- The ability to adapt & handle multiple competing priorities.
- Clear communication skills (both written & verbal) to document processes & architectures
- Experience implementing disaster recovery best practices
- Developing robust solutions that facilitate streamlined resolution of customer incidents through use of technologies for automation, deflection, & issue management
- Advocate of effective development environments with the use of CI/CD tooling & configuration management technologies such as Chef or Ansible
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Infrastructure #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!