Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to make smarter decisions during one of lifes most important moments: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You have flexible quantitative skills & the ability to clearly communicate your findings in presentations, build dashboards & visualizations, & be the go-to person for questions. Youre comfortable working with team members from across the company including marketers, product managers, operations, public relations, & the executive team. As a result of your work you will develop a deep understanding of the business & act as subject matter expert on consumer & marketing models & key metrics.
What Youll Do
- Analyze data, develop prototypes using report & dashboard tools upfront in the project lifecycle thereby validating the requirements, eliminating ambiguity, & providing early visibility to business on the final solution
- Use statistical analysis or data mining tools to analyze data, identify insightful trends, & interpret the technical data into meaningful recommendations for other executives
- You will exhibit a high level of expertise in helping drive the data strategy across multiple channels (website & apps, surveys, testing, market research etc).
- You will support the business ad hoc data requests through SQL queries, quick spreadsheets, & dashboards; & analyze large quantities of data using Python, VBA or R to drive growth strategies based on profitability, market potential, & sales trends
- You will create new quantitative statistical models to reduce the overall operation cost of the business
- Deep knowledge of SQL & proven skills building reports/dashboards/data visualization
- BA/BS degree in a quantitative field, Masters in Analytics, Finance & Statistics preferred
- 2 years of experience in a business intelligence business analyst role in an online ecommerce or online business environment
- Strong quantitative skills & a basic understanding in statistics (e.g., when you find an interesting pattern, you can figure out when it is just noise). We are not, however, looking for someone with an extensive background in machine learning and/or advanced statistics.
- Knowledge in Excel, VBA & other scripting languages (e.g., Python, R etc.)