A new kind of storage company, MakeSpace is taking the struggle out of storageand reinventing an antiquated industry in the process. Weve designed a hassle-free experience that allows people to store & retrieve their belongings on-demand, so they can skip the whole schlep-to-a-storage-unit thing. We pick up your stuff, haul it to storage, & deliver it back when you need it. Simple as that.
To support this seamless experience, we built the industrys first fully integrated system, from back-end routing to warehouse logistics, & a consumer app complete with a digital photo inventory of stored items. Our superior operations, tech, & talent enable us to be infinitely more convenient, affordable, & user-friendly than traditional self-storage. In just over 6 years, weve become a top 5 consumer-rated storage company in NYC, & expanded to 24 major cities in North America.
Join us as we disrupt a $38 billion industry, & change the way people think about storage (and the stuff they store).
We are ramping up our QA processes & team to new levels this year. Were looking for talented & passionate Senior QA engineers to join our team & help us improve the stability, security, coverage, & overall health of our technology infrastructure. QA Engineers will work closely with product managers, engineers, designers, & partners throughout the organization to drive QA processes through the entire lifecycle across all products, including desktop & mobile, as we grow & scale as a company.
What youll be doing:
- An expert in Manual Web & App Testing as well as strategies to incorporate automation on both.
- Liaising with product & business teams on product quality & requirements.
- Driving quality improvements through automation, metrics, data & process.
- Advocate for & represent quality in all aspects of product development, & partner with your engineering counterparts to make it happen. QA will be embedded within existing agile teams & focus on end-end testing, manual testing, automation & performance.
- Identify & execute on opportunities to improve quality at MakeSpace.
- Basic to highly comfortable proficiency with performance testing & methods.
- Write API tests using postman and complex SQL Queries for data validation.
What were looking for:
- Expert-level proficiency with Automation testing using Selenium Sebdriver & NG Ecosystem.
- You enjoy moving between Manual testing, Web & App automation, & Performance testing; Ideally, you have been accountable for each of these in previous companies.
- You have experience working in a product-minded organization - experience setting quality objectives.
- Youre highly organized, an excellent communicator, & attentive to all sorts of details.
- Technical expertise in programming or academic credentials in Computer Science.
- You are ideally familiar with at least a handful of the following things & eager to learn any that are new to you:
- Web development technologies such as Python, Java & JS.
- Automation testing tools like Cypress, Selenium WebDriver & ecosystem in Python.
- Demonstrated knowledge of test methodologies by writing test plans, creating test cases, & debugging.
- Analytics and/or business intelligence tools such as Looker, SQL, or Google Analytics.
- Project management tools such as Clubhouse, Asana, Jira, Notion, etc.
- Other tools such as TestRail, RabbitMQ & Close.io etc.
- A competitive compensation package
- Generous PTO (we believe in our team having a great life outside of work)
- Competitive parental leave policy
- Multiple health care options with premium plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts & Commuter benefits
- Team happy hours, events, & social clubs
- Loads of other perks!
Our company culture is built on collaboration & innovation. Theres tons of room to grow & opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industryand have fun while doing it.
If this sounds like you, then let us knowand join a tech company that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company. We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.