This position reports directly to the Loss Prevention Manager & will assist in overseeing the Atlanta retail store. This role requires flexibility to cover all locations as needed which will include nights & weekends.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Willingness to stand for long periods & greet customers at the front doors, as well as in store, & set the expectation of excellence that the customer is going to experience while in our stores
- Collaborate with Sales Teams & Luxury Consignment Office leadership to mitigate loss
- Responsible for physical security of the building as a key holder
- Conduct & support all internal & external investigations & bring closure with tight deadlines
- Develop & manage safety & security processes & procedures, including business continuity plans
- Develop & manage loss prevention processes & procedures
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, & federal laws
- Work closely with the entire leadership team of The RealReal to help support total business needs & Loss Prevention initiatives
- Help lead weekly inventory cycle count & partner with inventory operations to reconcile inventory variances
- Lead daily/weekly/monthly audits in locations surrounding building security, inventory control, compliance, & awareness
- Provide physical Loss Prevention coverage to the location as needed to support the business
- Assist with all functions of the business including store objectives
- Hold weekly inventory calls with Loss Prevention Retail teams across the company
- Conduct monthly building security audits to ensure all aspects of security & alarms are functional
What You Bring To The Role
- 2+ years of Loss Prevention retail experience
- Ability to work well with all levels of management within the company
- Ability to work with minimal supervision & be a self-starter
- Strong understanding of physical security including CCTV, EAS, alarms, access control, & lock & key
- Strong leadership & team building experience
- Very organized & able to adapt to shifting priorities
- Strong oral & written communication skills
- Ability to respond to alarm company calls & be available after hours
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.