What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all.
About the Team & Role
The Strategy & Analytics team works cross-functionally to support BlockFis growth by providing a clear picture of historical & projected performance, & by making data-driven recommendations to leadership. We are seeking a strategic thinker with strategy & analytics experience to join our team.
- Managing a team of direct reports, work cross-functionally with our Product teams (e.g., Interest Account, Trading, Credit Card, Crypto-Backed Loans, etc.) to develop data-driven growth strategies & business plans
- Develop a deep understanding of key drivers of business performance to inform ad-hoc analyses & recommendations
- Structure complex & ambiguous strategic problems to support BlockFi leadership team decision making (e.g., evaluation of key business initiatives including new products or features, potential partnerships, historical product performance, client behavior & trends, etc.)
- Work with direct reports to develop insights & recommendations from analyses to identify new opportunities for growth as well as optimizations to our current business
- Manage direct reports as they work closely with data engineers / scientists on our to produce analyses, Tableau visualizations & dashboards, & reports on key metrics & trends
- At least 4 years experience, ideally including post-MBA role at a top-tier management consulting firm (or equivalent experience in strategy role within company)
- Ability to independently manage projects end-to-end for oneself & for direct reports
- Ability to proactively manage direct reports in the structuring of analyses to answer open-ended or ambiguous questions
- Ability to go beyond the data & understand the so whats (i.e., translate findings into insights & actionable, data-driven recommendations while guiding direct reports through this process)
- Deep experience with analytics, & ideally opportunity sizing, & ability to communicate complex topics & recommendations in clear & concise reports, charts, & slides
- Strong teammate that works well with various functions across the organization
- Intellectual curiosity, & desire for personal & professional improvement
- Passion for financial services / fintech and/or crypto
- MBA from top tier institution is a plus
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding & $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission & values, check out our company website.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other & enjoy the work we do - so should you!