BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
BuzzFeed is looking for a passionate & resourceful Culinary Producer who can aid in creating compelling original recipes & video content for Tasty. Reporting to our Lead Culinary Producer, you'll work on our Hollywood campus with a small team of culinary professionals to develop recipes & assist on shoots. We are seeking culinary professionals with experience in production & food media.
As a Culinary Producer, you will support our Lead Culinary Producer on set & behind the scenes of Tasty shoots featuring talent. You will assist with recipe testing & development, shopping for & prepping ingredients & cooking behind the scenes to ensure all food is camera ready on time. Experience, speed & accuracy is required for this role.
- 3+ years of food media experience
- 3+ years of recipe development with experience in international cuisine & high comfort level in both sweet & savory cooking
- 3+ years of food styling experience
- Ability to work fast & efficiently in the kitchen & multitask to take on multiple projects in fast paced production environments
- Problem solving & critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal written & communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Tasty video content & understanding of our overall point of view on food
- Strong knowledge on the current food trends circulating social media
- Ability to maintain stability under pressure while keeping positive attitude & be flexible & willing to modify plans
- Ability to work well independently & with a team
- Comfortable working with talent while maintaining boundaries
- Formal culinary training is preferred, but not mandatory
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.