Ripples mission is to enable payments every way, everywhere for everyone. We believe connecting traditional financial entities like banks, payment providers & corporations with emerging blockchain technologies & users is the path to an open, decentralized, & more inclusive financial future. This Internet of Value gives any internet-enabled person, application or device access to financial services that are transparent, fast, reliable, & cheap. Delivering this vision is a challenge of massive scale spanning $155 trillion in annual cross border fiat payments & the $1.5 trillion market of digital assets that has grown 10X in the last year.
We are looking for a software engineer to join a growing team charged with determining & delivering optimal liquidity for every customer in the world in a cost-effective, robust & scalable manner. You will work closely with applied scientists & machine learning engineers to build robust solutions that power our liquidity services at scale. You will mentor other software engineers, setting & demonstrating high standards & technical excellence. As a member of a new initiative, you must be passionate about inventing & delivering customer-focused solutions to ambitious & ambiguous challenges.
This position can be based in New York City, Toronto, or Remote.
WHAT YOULL DO:
- Be an entrepreneurial builder, working up & down the stack, mixing software engineering, data engineering, & knowledge of machine learning deployments to jumpstart this new initiative.
- Deliver reliable, high-throughput, low-latency (micro)services to power optimized decision-making at scale.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, from sculpting technical vision & software design to unit & integration testing
- Work with teams across the organization, including product, design, marketing, integrations, ops, customer success, legal & more
- Be a technical subject matter expert, provide technical leadership & share your expertise with a growing team of engineers
- Continuously raise our standard of engineering excellence by implementing & driving best practices for coding, testing, & deployment
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 8+ years of hands-on Software Development experience on large scale distributed systems, with the last 5-7+ years in Java or similar (Go, Python) & 2+ years experience working as a tech lead
- Experience building & deploying containerized applications (e.g. Docker) into modern distributed computing environments such as Kubernetes
- Experience in building transactional systems (preferably in finance / banking / e-commerce domains) , backed by an scalable data stores & other cloud data services to manage large, structured event data sources such as tick data
- Experience with Agile development of distributed services, with a focus on robust software design, scalability & security
- Eagerness to work openly & collaboratively with a diverse team
- Ability to encourage & drive engineering best practices
- A positive attitude & a passion for sharing knowledge
- BS in Computer Science or similar
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies & make an impact
- Competitive salary & equity
- 100% paid medical & dental & 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement & weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy - work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Franciscos Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, & coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting - ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights & more!
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant & seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain & cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity & inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing & enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses & consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, So Paulo, Reykjavk, Washington D.C. & Dubai.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Were committed to building a diverse & inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.