Fastly helps people stay better connected with the things they love. Fastlys edge cloud platform enables customers to create great digital experiences quickly, securely, & reliably by processing, serving, & securing our customers applications as close to their end-users as possible at the edge of the Internet. The platform is designed to take advantage of the modern internet, to be programmable, & to support agile software development. Fastlys customers include many of the worlds most prominent companies, including Vimeo, Pinterest, The New York Times, & GitHub.
We're building a more trustworthy Internet. Come join us.
Manager, Customer Support Engineering
Fastly is looking for an outstanding customer support leader to manage our Customer Support Engineering team. We've assembled a phenomenal team, & you'll have the opportunity to grow & lead them. This role will help shape the future of excellent customer service in our industry, & you'll have an amazing structure around you to ensure success.
What youll do
- Mentor & guide team members & provide them with regular feedback
- Provide career development for the team & ensure that their training, learning, & development is happening
- Be the main escalation point for urgent issues from team members or customers
- Develop & refine team processes & policies, disseminate them & ensure they're known & followed by team members
- Manage cross-team relationships, & work collaboratively across different teams at Fastly
- Provide a positive team environment where CSEs will grow & flourish & foster a culture of excellence across the team
- Successfully deliver projects, both for the regional team & the wider CSE organization
What were looking for
- A strong understanding of your own strengths & areas for development, being receptive & welcoming of feedback & able to act on it
- Someone who motivates & drives the performance of their team members so that they achieve the teams important metrics as well as helping them to set goals for career development
- Someone who can describe & clearly articulate the work of their team
- At least 3 years experience in a technical, customer-impacting environment with 1 or more in a leadership capacity
- Experience instructing & training, & the ability to connect with all types of learning & working styles
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, a consistent record of highly-professional, yet highly-personalized customer service in an enterprise environment, & familiarity with working on a distributed team
We value a variety of voices, so this is not a laundry list. Youll be a good candidate if you have experience in SOME of these:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience, major in engineering, computer science, or MIS a plus
- Experience in the CDN, SaaS or Cloud domain
- Experience leading distributed teams
- A technical background, in engineering, computer science, or software development
- We have a huge impact. Fastly is a small company with a big reach. Not only do our customers have a tremendous user base, but we also support a growing number of open source projects & initiatives. Outside of code, employees are encouraged to share causes close to their heart with others so we can help lend a supportive hand.
- We love distributed teams. Fastlys home-base is in San Francisco, but we have multiple offices & employees sprinkled around the globe. In fact, 50% of our employees work outside of SF! An international remote culture is in our DNA.
- We care about you. Fastly works hard to create a positive environment for our employees, & we think your life outside of work is important too. We support our teams with great benefits like up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave, options for free medical/dental/vision plans, & an open vacation program that enables our folks to take the time they need to recharge (some benefits may vary by location).
- We value diversity. Growing & maintaining our inclusive & diverse team matters to us. We are committed to being a company where our employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work & have the ability to be successful -- every day.
- We are passionate. Fastly is chock full of passionate people & were not one size fits all. Fastly employs authors, pilots, skiers, parents (of humans & animals), makeup geeks, coffee connoisseurs, & more. We love employees for who they are & what they are passionate about.
Were always looking for humble, sharp, & creative folks to join the Fastly team. If you think you might be a fit please apply!
Fastly is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity & to providing employees with a safe & welcoming work environment free of discrimination & harassment.
Employment decisions at Fastly are based on business needs, job requirements & individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, family or parental status, disability*, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Fastly encourages applicants from all backgrounds.
*Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act & certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Fastly. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.