About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.
Daily Harvest is looking for a Software Engineer, Mobile, to join our Engineering team. The Engineering team focuses on architecting, developing, & delivering highly scalable & innovative software that meets the needs of the Daily Harvest business & our customers.
Daily Harvest seeks a Software Engineer, Mobile, to help build the platform that enables us to take care of the food. As a member of our software engineering team, youll craft & ship the code that powers our mobile applications -- from user-facing experiences in React Native to code interfaces with our RESTful API services. Youll be joining a team of talented & highly motivated engineers who enjoy working together.
What youll do:
- Work with the team that is responsible for expanding the Daily Harvest ecosystem for Mobile platforms.
- Implement a cutting-edge user experience that can be seamless for both Android & iOS platforms.
- Work with internal tech teams to identify & build platform elements required to support key mobile product features.
- Effectively communicate & collaborate with designers, product owners, & other members of the digital product team to develop a best-of-breed digital experience that meets the needs of our users & drives our business objectives.
- Provide guidance & mentoring to more junior members of the engineering team.
Who you are:
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or Ph.D.) in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience.
- 3+ years of professional experience with software development
- 2+ years of experience with React Native, Android, or IOS
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Experience with several of the following: JSX, styled-components, ESLint, Prettier, Jest, storybook, Redux & redux-saga
- Experience with Agile software development (ClubHouse, Jira, Trello)
- Strong continuous integration & continuous delivery experience
- Plus if you have an understanding of app analytics, debugging & monitoring tools, concurrency & multithreading, networking, & push notifications.
- Bonus if you have native development experience (Swift or Kotlin)
- Experience with mobile automated tools is preferred
- Unlimited Daily Harvest in the office to keep you hustling, not hangry + cold brew (...always stocked)
- Flexible time-off policy + flexible working hours (Unlimited PTO Plan)
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits, 401K + equity participation
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, Gym membership + Citi Bike discounts
- Access to everything we make (including recipes in development)
- Annual company retreat
- Quarterly team outings, weekly onsite happy hours, + regular DH team gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- Book club + running club
- Showers for post-morning or mid-workday workouts
- A dynamic, ambitious, & fun work environment + dog friendly!!
At Daily Harvest, our mission is to take care of food, so that food can take care of you. And it wouldn't be possible without our team. We celebrate the unique POV that each person brings to the table & believe in a collaborative & inclusive environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, military or veteran status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. These are our guiding principles & apply across all aspects of employment.