Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want innovative leaders with a passion for seeing our customers fulfill their dreams
We are looking for a marketing leader with a track record of building & optimizing lifecycle marketing programs. Youre an expert at translating data insights into areas of opportunity to improve & expand our existing program. You understand DigitalOceans developer & SMB audience & the tactics that resonate with them, ultimately leading them to succeed with our services. Reporting to the Director of Growth Marketing, youll have the opportunity to lead a growing team of innovative marketers & write the next chapter of lifecycle marketing at DigitalOcean. While leading the team, youll also be hands-on, executing the roadmap you develop while working cross-functionally with teams in marketing, product, & analytics.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Crafting & executing the Lifecycle Marketing roadmap: Analyzing the current state of our program to prioritize activities & create the roadmap for the rest of 2021 & beyond. Incorporate all products & features into the plan, both current & upcoming, to ensure the program is all-encompassing.
- Mentoring & managing a high-performing team: Leading a small but mighty team of lifecycle marketers & campaign managers, ensuring they are supported & fulfilled with their work & have clear career trajectories at DigitalOcean.
- Optimizing the DigitalOcean customer journey: Translating insights gathered from funnel conversion trends & implementing changes in the customer experience to remove friction & improve conversion (customer onboarding at scale being a critical example).
- Enabling your program with data & systems: Partner with our Analytics & Operations team to procure the data required to enable our lifecycle program & campaigns. Provide recommendations to improve the stability of data flowing into our systems.
- Supporting company-wide customer communication needs: Ensuring campaign operations requests from across the company are fulfilled while aligning the communication calendar with our customers appetite to receive communications.
- Launching experiments & analyzing results to inform recommendations: Testing hypotheses that will improve the customer experience, enable their success, & drive growth for the company.
- Working cross-functionally: Managing the workload coming to the team, & delegating tasks accordingly. Negotiate competing priorities to support the goals of your team as well as teams you support
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience building & optimizing a Lifecycle Marketing program: Ability to analyze the current state of a lifecycle program, identify & prioritize areas of opportunity, & lead the execution of the roadmap.
- People management experience: At least two years of people management experience at a values-driven organization. Proven coaching & mentoring background.
- Marketing automation background: Hands-on experience building campaigns in marketing automation platforms (preferably Marketo), in-app messaging platforms, & other channel-specific tools.
- Data management expertise: Experience piping data between core systems; data warehouse, Segment, CRM (Salesforce), & marketing automation platform (Marketo)
- Analytical acumen: Experience using reporting tools (Looker a plus) to gather insights, & strong presentation skills to translate insights into narratives.
- Collaborative expertise: A proven track record of working cross-functionally to enable campaigns; content creation, design, & operational dependencies.
- Strong writing: Ability to write effective copy that is compelling to technical audiences.
- Domain experience: Experience marketing cloud solutions to developers & businesses; familiarity with cloud infrastructure a plus
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC & Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!