KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provide end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
KATERRA is currently looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our Payroll team in Scottsdale, AZ. The Payroll Specialist would help support our quickly growing business. The ideal candidate will have an analytical & methodical approach payroll processing with strong organizational skills & a great team spirit.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee payroll process for multi-state payroll
- Generate reports for distribution to other departments
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission & validate confirmed reports. Follow up with HR Managers on corrections or adjustments
- Manage change request workflow to ensure all employee requests, manager requests (i.e. new hires, transfers/promotions, pay changes, terminations), & payroll transactions (i.e. bonus payments) are processed accurately & timely
- Monitor compliance with internal policies & process guidelines, engaging relevant SMEs (i.e. HR Managers) & escalating issues as needed
- Monitor the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines & procedures recommending plan revision as well as new plans that are cost-effective & consistent with compensation trends & corporate objectives & provides guidance to HR staff
- Provides advice to HR staff & leaders on compensation, policy & guideline interpretation, & job evaluation, including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation-related programs
- Process manual off-cycle payments for terminations, statutory requirements, & business needs
- Reconcile & fund benefits, 401(k), FSA, & HSA accounts
Required Skills & Experience
- 3-5+ years experience with multi-state payroll & weekly frequency
- CPP preferred
- Workday experience a plus
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Effective at building collaborative relationships & functioning effectively as part of a team
- Excellent time management & organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning & successfully working in multicultural environments
- Associates degree in finance or business preferred
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.