As a Backend Software Engineer in the Applied Technologies Group, your job is to help build & support critical systems in financial crimes prevention, & to work with our teammates & clients to solve high-impact, real-world problems.
What makes this job interesting?
- Technical Challenge - You will be building & scaling high-throughput, high-availability ML-driven systems on cloud infrastructure. These systems drive critical decision making at multi-billion dollar companies.
- Exposure to cutting-edge technologies - Our systems integrate new technologies for database, search, inter-process communication, micro-services, vertical scaling, batch scheduling, & more.
- Ownership - The Applied Technologies team is solving some of the worlds most critical challenges. An ideal candidate is an engineer looking to grow their responsibilities & work with the team to have a significant technical & business impact.
- Growth - The Applied Technologies business unit is a highly profitable entity that plays a pivotal role in Enigmas overall success. We provide large, stable clients with specialized capabilities essential for their business operations, & we are looking to expand our market share in 2023.
Were looking for someone who:
- Builds scalable, highly-available, high-throughput systems, deployed in cloud & on-premises environments
- Solves problems with containers, cloud infrastructure & infrastructure as code (we use Docker, AWS & Terraform)
- Prides themselves on writing highly readable, thoroughly tested code (we use Python)
- Gets excited when working as part of a motivated, collaborative team
- Identifies problems that others arent seeing & makes sure they get solved
- Is driven to work with customers to have an impact on the real world
Enigmas Applied Technologies is a specialized team that builds & deploys software to leading institutions to identify & stop financial crimes in their tracks. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with & support one another on a daily basis. Were a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds & skills, but were all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through data & systems together. If this opportunity resonates with you, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Salary Range: $160,000-$210,000
A note on salary ranges: we pride ourselves on paying competitively for our size & industry. Salary is one piece of a total Enigma compensation package that includes additional benefits & opportunities. All of our compensation packages include equity because we believe 100% of Enigma employees should have the option to purchase ownership in the company & benefit from the value were creating together.