Magic Leap (ML) is looking for a senior process engineer to join the Eyepiece R&D group. The candidate will work with research scientists & manufacturing engineers to produce innovative products with market leading quality & optical performance. This role provides the opportunity to perform early-stage development of components for commercial AR/MR devices. Responsibilities include:
- Act as tool & process owner for a custom nanoimprint lithography system
- Optimize imprint resist drop patterns to achieve improved performance of from inkjet-based nanoimprint lithography, including through the development of new algorithms & custom code
- Explore novel processes to improve imprinting speed & reduce defectivity by optimizing template filling & separation
- Study liquid flow characteristics around through nano-scale features
- Conduct imprint longevity studies with new materials to deal with challenging nano-patterns
- Actively engage with optical design teams to come up new concepts & idea for eye piece KPI improvement
- Fabricate rapid prototypes of new optical designs
- Use photonic sense & imprinting expertise to trouble shoot optical performance issues, including eye piece display artifacts
- Demonstrate excellent judgment regarding critical observation, problem solving, & proactive decision making to meet aggressive schedule
- Work closely with applications & software teams to transfer development work into manufacturable processes
- Comfort & experience working in a clean room environment, including working around chemicals.
- Experience coding with Python, Matlab, or a similar language.
- Hands-on experience with deposition technologies such as CVD, PVD & atmospheric processes would be a bonus.
- Excellent communication skill is required.