Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for a Senior Accountantto join our growing Accounting Team & support the SEC Compliance function. In this role, you will be involved in the preparation of the quarterly & annual filings & monitoring of the Companys compliance with Sarbanes Oxley as well as perform month end close tasks. The ideal candidate should be highly detailed & have strong knowledge of GAAP & SOX & the ability to interpret & apply accounting principles. Communication & cross-departmental collaboration are vital in this position.
What You'll Do:
- Compile quarterly & annual SEC filings in accordance with US GAAP & SEC requirements
- Assist with the comment process with legal department, management, & auditors
- Complete annual & quarterly financial statement disclosure checklists
- Review various press releases & investor relation deliverables that contain financial related information & validate accuracy of associated data
- Assist the auditors with their testing of financial statement accuracy & gathering appropriate supporting documentation
- Perform annual risk assessment & ensure proper controls are in place to mitigate identified risks
- Maintain & update internal control documentation, including flowcharts & narratives
- Monitor remediation of control deficiencies identified & provide recommendations for process improvements
- Identify gaps or limitations within our processes & work with management to develop & implement project plans that will resolve these issues
- Oversee key reports testing & review of SOC-1 reports
- Facilitate communication with SOX third party consultants & external auditors
- Prepare equity & other journal entries, supporting schedules & analysis, & reconciliations
- Assist with ad hoc projects across multiple accounting areas, as needed
Who You Are:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required. CPA required.
- 3+ years public accounting experience, at a Big 4, preferred
- Experience preparing or reviewing SEC filings including 10-Q/10-K
- Experience creating or evaluating SOX processes
- Experience with key report/spreadsheet testing & SOC reports
- Highly organized, detail oriented, with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills & comfort interacting with colleagues in a professional & helpful manner
- Motivated team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced, forward-moving environment
- Ability to learn & understand financial accounting systems/software: NetSuite, Donnelly Financial Solutions, AuditBoard, Zuora, and/or Salesforce software experience a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK, Germany, Italy & Spain with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.