Convene is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer & we believe that diverse teams are the best teams. We live our values of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork) & strive to create an inclusive & equitable workplace where everyone can be their true selves, where we all show up for each other. In line with our goal to be 1% better every day, we are committed to listening, learning, growing & improving. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives to join us on this journey.
Were seeking an Event Production Manager to join our Event Operations team. The role will report directly to the Area Event Production Manager.
What Youll Do:
The Event Production Manager will act as the primary point of contact for the client during the planning process while also liaising with our on-site event, technology, & control room teams to ensure a seamless meeting event experience from start to finish. The Event Production Manager will ensure that the clients vision for their event is executed, & that the client is fully supported from kick-off to post-event. The Event Productions Manager acts as project manager & ensures completion of on-site responsibilities by the Event Operations Team. The Event Production Manager supports our hybrid, virtual, & physical meetings products. The Event Production Manager lives Convenes values & exhibits our hospitality standards at all times.
As the Event Production Manager, you will:
- Plan & oversee all aspects of meetings programs across our physical, hybrid & virtual products.
- Effectively communicate both verbally & written, with all level of associates, clients, & all Convene departments in an attentive, friendly, courteous, & service-oriented manner.
- Effectively listen to, understand, & clarify concerns raised by associates & clients.
- Serve as a pre-sales support function for our Sales team to advise on applicable deadlines & requirements to ensure a successful event. Work closely with Sales Department to prepare room diagrams & photos, & facility insights; assist relationship managers in getting clients through the contract phase
- Schedule & host kick-off call with client.
- Develop event timelines, communicate & enforce all pre-production deadlines to clients.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the client leading up to day-of event. Facilitate conversations to understand their needs for all aspects of their program including but not limited to culinary, service, & AV.
- Prepare & distribute all room diagrams
- Work closely with culinary & service team to finalize menus & timing
- Partner closely with our AV teams to ensure the clients AV needs are understood, communicated to AV Operations, & executed properly.
- Recommend and/or coordinate with third party vendors for event enhancements & experiences (florists, musicians, branding, linens, etc) as required.
- Host client Run of Show Review with AV Production team for Hybrid Events.
- Create & maintain detailed event documentation for each booking
- Track project timelines & status updates in Clickup.
- Responsible for the creation of PEOs (Program Execution Orders), program diagrams, & invoices for post-contract add-ons.
- Support our Event Site Production team with the collection of the livestream event platform details, including, but not limited to, agenda, speaker details, sponsor details, & other collateral.
- Conduct pre-event & post-event debriefs for our internal stakeholders.
- Follow up with client with any post-event deliverables
- Conduct weekly regular PEO meetings with on-site operations teams.
- Provide status updates to internal & external stakeholders on pre-production milestones to ensure successful delivery on the day of the event.
- Supervise proper calculation of all program checks & ensure client approval & signatures
- Ensure collection of all program balances
What We Look For:
- 3+ years in a customer facing role
- Prior experience in event planning & project management
- Comfort using web based collaboration tools including, but not limited to Slack, Salesforce, SmartSheets, Google Suite
- Familiarity with SaaS, event platform/video/web conferencing a plus
- Strong business acumen & staying cool under pressure
- Natural problem solver, obsessed with finding appropriate solutions to meet customer needs
- Able to multitask, & obsessed with customer satisfaction
Salary Min: $70,000 Salary Max: $75,000
This role is also eligible for Convene's annual incentive performance bonus plan.
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums & maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience & other relevant factors.
Who We Are:
Convene is the leading provider of premium meeting & workday experiences with a global network of venues & flexible office locations. Combining design, technology, & hospitality to elevate todays modern work experience, Convene creates the spaces & experiences that help teams succeed. With Studio, an all-in-one solution for digitally-enabled events, & 23 locations across the U.S. & London including meeting spaces & flexible workplaces, Convene creates your best day at work, wherever it happens. The company has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family starting day one
- Medical & insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Flexible vacation time plus time off for your birthday
- A Holiday closure each year to allow all employees to unplug & recharge
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work (when in the office)
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team & the business in the work that you do
- A culture of GRIT (Genuine, Relentless, Integrity & Teamwork)