At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. Were improving the worlds economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count.
The OnDeck Legal team may be small in number relative to other groups at OnDeck but is massive in impact. The Legal Team provides sound & pragmatic legal advice to drive OnDecks mission as the first-choice lender to small business. A key role of the Legal team is navigating issues proactively. The Legal team is comprised of three divisions: Compliance, External Affairs & Legal & as such it works closely with all the OnDeck business teams as well as external stakeholders. We seek excellent teammates who enjoy rolling up their sleeves & working closely with the business teams.
The OnDeck Legal team strategies & executes all aspects of recoveries litigation. For those accounts which are charged-off & directed to litigation, accounts are placed with law firms nationwide & are managed through all three phases of recoveries litigation pre-suit, litigation & post-judgment. As this channel has grown, there has developed a need for managing the litigation channel to identified cents/dollar targets as well as non-liquidation KPIs on a macro (vintage) & micro (account) level. OnDeck engages a sophisticated technology platform that accesses each firms core data, & then aggregates & individualizes that data. This position will master & manage that platform, among other data. The goal is to support the OnDeck Legal team getting full value from our third-party law firm partnerships to drive highest cents/dollar recoveries.
As a Recoveries Litigation Portfolio Analyst at OnDeck on the Legal team, you will:
- Manage law firms to liquidation & non-liquidation KPIs through our technology platform & other technologies & data.
- Manage individual vintages to monthly, quarterly, yearly & full-life-cycle targets.
- Selectively due diligence individual accounts to ensure firms are evaluating/treating/moving accounts appropriately.
- Engage weekly if not daily with law firms to pursue stated goals.
- Engage weekly if not daily with other, non-firm, third parties, in support of stated goals (e.g., technology companies, asset vendors, among others).
Necessary qualifications for success:
- At least 3 years of relevant experience.
- At least a 4 year college degree.
- Must have solid comprehension of the legal process in a law firm or corporate setting, especially in the recoveries arena & specifically dealing with post-judgment remedies.
- Must be a proven wiz with Excel.
- Must be strongly adept in working with various types of technology.
- Must be a people person to successfully engage with several OnDeck teams & outside partnerships (law firms, technology & data vendors, among others).
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing & thriving enterprises. Since 2007, weve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, were reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company & the customers we serve, & are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble & strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each & every team member plays an important role in our companys success. Thats why we strive to provide you & your family with a competitive & comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options & opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small & Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance & Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crains New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune & Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! Peoples Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crains New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes Americas Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive & diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDecks employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to & including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**