Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about helping our customers realize the benefits of DigitalOceans cloud infrastructure
We are looking for an Inside Sales Representative who builds, facilitates & drives new customer acquisition to enable DO* to meet its monthly recurring revenue goals (MRR).
The Inside Sales Representative is an individual contributor role reporting directly to the Director of Inside Sales. In this position you will play a critical role in expanding our presence in the market. You will enjoy catching qualified leads from the SDR team & prospecting out to other lead sources to build your opportunity pipeline. A successful DO ISR will produce an accurate monthly forecast that maps to a high win rate of qualified opportunities. They will work closely with the Solution Engineer teams & other parts of the DO ecosystem to quickly progress & win. Then they will ensure that the new acquisition quickly ramps up their planned project, is set up for success & is ready for a seamless transition to their account manager.
If this DO* ISR is you, then like any high performing seller, you will embrace being measured by results. In summary, you will be driving new revenue activities & will have a direct impact on the success of DO* as an organization.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Managing a high volume of daily qualified leads from your SDR team
- Building & running prospecting activities (calls, emails) to identified targeted leads. These leads should be both self-sourced & from other marketing sources
- Creating personalized emails to engage targeted accounts
- Using Social Selling techniques to expand your network & open up new business opportunities
- Providing rapid response to all inbound inquiries from all sources
- Documenting & tracking within a Salesforce CRM system, which will be critical to your success
- Providing feedback on lead quality & effectiveness of GTM lead generation activities
- Bringing a high-energy, positive mindset every day which embodies the DO principles
What Well Expect From You:
- Proven sales experience, ideally in the technology space
- Consistent recent achievement of sales goals
- Experience in progressing & closing deals, using your ecosystem of resources
- Previous experience in IaaS or PaaS is a major plus
- Ability to quickly understand the prospects issue & clearly articulate solution value propositions
- Ability to quickly synthesize & put to use new information
- High-level technical aptitude to understand our products & how they fit together
- Be curious & ask questions
- Experience in SFDC a plus
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, & a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work.
- We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office & take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.