Kepler executes engineered marketing, where every message & ad delivered helps create a more personalized & productive relationship between brands & their consumers. We do this by acting as clients agency of record, as their in-house team, or some hybrid of the two & by harnessing data & technology across all paid digital media & data-driven CRM channels.
Kepler prides itself on being a great place to work. In fact, were proud to share that AdAge recognized Kepler among the Best Place to Work in 2022, validating our investment in our team & our clients.
- We're transparent with our employees. You'll hear updates on company financials, how we're performing against bonus goals, & how we're responding to challenges we face.
- We're growing. For you, that means unparalleled growth opportunities & a role in shaping the direction of the company.
- We're fun. You'll work with & learn from the smartest people in the industry & have a blast doing it.
We are looking for a highly qualified & technically proficient Accounting Manager for our Finance team. In this role you will be responsible for developing & managing Keplers next generation of internal controls & tax compliance best practices. You will collaborate with both internal & external teams to first assess, then mitigate operational & compliance risks.
Youll need outstanding problem-solving skills, strong technical aptitude, & a keen ability to influence people to excel in an ever-changing environment. This position reports directly to the VP of Finance.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the planning & execution of interim & year-end external audits
- Conduct regular assessments of internal controls & recommend improvements as needed
- Collaborate with external tax advisors to understand filing obligations, including but not limited to sales/use tax, transfer pricing, etc
- Prepare required federal, state, & local filings on a monthly, quarterly, or annual basis
- Interact with senior management to assess & resolve operational challenges
- Serve as a subject matter expert in sales & use tax matters when coordinating & building relationships with key cross-functional teams
- Coordinate with other risk management teams (e.g., Information Security, Legal, Business Operations) to minimize duplication of effort & ensure efficient execution of critical operational functions
- Codify & share best practices across teams
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a Big 4 audit firm and/or internal audit, tax, compliance, or risk management roles
- Bachelors degree in accounting, tax, or finance; CPA preferred
- Demonstrated experience in project management practices (e.g. leading teams, organizing financial audit, managing monthly close, etc)
- Excellent communication & presentation skills with strong ability to create & build relationships
- Ability to self-manage, juggle multiple priorities, & pay close attention to details
- Ability to contribute to fast-paced, entrepreneurial, team-based environment
- Strong analytical skills, & comfort with Google Sheets/MS Excel; experience with Sage Intacct desirable but not required
- Experience with Close Management software such as Planful, Blackline, et al desirable but not required
Please note that, at this time & for this position, we cannot accommodate long term future sponsorship needs for US work authorization but can accommodate OPT STEM extensions. Please note in your application, if you fall under this category.
Protect yourself from recruitment fraud. The only way to apply for a position at Kepler is by submitting a direct application via the Keplergrp.com website or working with a recruiter employed by Kepler with a @keplergrp.com email address. Learn how to stay safe by clicking here