Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
In this exciting opportunity, you will be the first core team member of Circles Venture initiative within the Finance group. The Investment Manager will be an integral part of the team with emphasis on setting up the investment fund & driving strategic engagement & innovation for Circle. The role will lead the identification, evaluation & execution of new investment opportunities focusing particularly on crypto & payments. This is not a 9-5 job so please do not apply if this is what you are looking for. You will partner with the VP of Finance to build out a strong pipeline of opportunities focused on driving growth for Circle. We are looking for an ambitious, no job is beneath me attitude, highly motivated individual who seeks a collaborative, iterative & fast-paced environment. You will have an opportunity to grow your career in an exponential way but will require your hard work & dedication.
What you'll work on:
- Developing investment theses & conducting market & industry analyses, with a passion for crypto & payments
- Leading the full lifecycle management of deal pipeline including sourcing, evaluating, transacting, & managing investments
- Proactively identifying potential investments, meeting & qualifying startups; will have extensive exposure to & be expected to develop strong relations with the venture & entrepreneurial communities
- Evaluating potential target & business cases from strategic, operational & financial valuation perspectives
- Providing key analysis & support for transactions & working closely with internal & external partners to execute investments
- Developing detailed financial models & related valuations
- Preparing & communicating recommendations to investment team
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring & managing relationships with investment companies & the investment portfolio review process
- Support Finance / Legal / Compliance teams
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Experience with & deep understanding of crypto is required
- The role is a multi-faceted one & requires both analytical, strategic, & interpersonal skill sets
- 5+ years previous experience must include both financial / deal experience (i.e. investment banking, private equity, venture capital) & strategy / partnership experience (i.e. venture capital, consulting, business development)
- Significant experience with technology infrastructure & payments
- Expertise in the evaluation of startups & investment opportunities, including sourcing, leading due diligence processes & closing
- Ability to independently design, create, & communicate well-crafted presentations of prescriptive strategies & investment recommendations
- Knowledge of venture finance, including key metrics, valuation methodologies, capitalization tables, waterfall models, deal structures, & term sheets
- Excellent finance, accounting & valuation modeling skills
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to identify & assess key points, implications & recommendations & to provide thought leadership
- Team player with proven ability to influence & collaborate with others to drive results
- Demonstrable leadership, communication & analytical skills
- Bachelors degree required, MBA preferred
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack & MacBook preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.