Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
You will be responsible for the following:
- To PerformHadoopAdministrationon Production Hadoop clusters
- Performance tuning & increase operational efficiency on a continuous basis
- Monitorhealth of the platforms & Generate Performance Reports & Monitor & provide continuous improvements
- Workclosely with development, engineering & operation teams, jointly work onkey deliverables ensuring production scalability & stability
- Develop & enhance platform best practices
- Ensure the Hadoop platform can effectively meet performance & SLA requirements
- Support ofHadoop production environment which includes Hive, YARN, Spark, Impala, Kafka, SOLR, Oozie, Sentry, Encryption, Hbase, etc.
- Performoptimizationcapacity planning of a large multi-tenant cluster
- Bachelor's Degree in IT/Engineering related field
- 5 or more years of work experience in maintaining, optimization, issue resolution of Hadoop clusters, supporting business users & batch
- Experience in configuring & setting up Hadoop clusters & providesupport for aggregation, lookup & fact table creation criteria
- Map Reduce tuning, data node, NN recovery, etc.
- Experience in Linux / Unix OS Services, Administration, Shell awk scripting
- Experience in building scalable Hadoop applications
- Experience in Core Java, Hadoop (Map Reduce, Hive, Pig, HDFS, H-catalog, Zookeeper & OOzie)
- Hands-on Experience in SQL (Oracle ) & No SQL Databases (HBASE/Cassandra/Mongo DB)
- Excellent oral & written communication & presentation skills, analytical & problem solving skills
- Self-driven, ability to work independently & as part of a team with proven track record developing & launching products at scale
- Experience on Cloudera distribution preferred
- Hands-on Experience as a Linux Sys Admin is a plus
- Knowledge on Spark & Kafka is a plus
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.