Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Director to join our Insurance Controls team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Director of Insurance Controls is responsible for driving compliance within our operational control framework which includes Model Audit Rule (MAR) & Service Organization Controls Report (SOC1) requirements to consistently manage insurance controls across business segments & operational processes & to support development of Policies & Procedures across the full scope of Insurance Operations. Coordinates & owns oversight of the development & application of innovative operational processes & controls identifying potential deviations or trends which may require program/process changes.
This Role will report into our Senior Director, Insurance Controls
- Partner with Oscars legal, compliance & operational teams to develop & implement clear, scalable & dynamic operational processes which support regulatory requirements.
- Effectively develop & monitor processes to address business/operational risks & adherence to regulatory requirements across the organization.
- Ensure corrective actions identified in internal control breakdowns are implemented within a timely manner.
- Develop the Insurance Controls strategic vision & roadmap Continuously reassess business & operational policies & procedures to ensure alignment with
- Provide guidance & training on business & operational risk & controls.
- Lead the development of the team including actively listening to & supporting them as they tackle complex problems
- 10+ years experience in an Insurance/Financial Services environment
- A strong track record of managing teams & developing talent.
- Prior experience implementing and/or maintaining MAR, SOC1, SOX control frameworks
- Experience in process / workflow building, operational improvement, & project management
- Strong written & verbal communications skills with experience interacting with & presenting to peers & management-level personnel.
- An understanding of financial, operational, & information technology controls.
- Adaptable to unforeseen events & demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, quickly responding to inquiries as well as a strong attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience in audit, management consulting, strategy, healthcare
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.