At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About The Department
Marketing builds awareness, drives acquisition, & expands usage by developing innovative, breakthrough campaigns that are delivered through multiple channels, including our website, blog, emails, social media, events, & advertising. Product Marketing plays a central role by partnering throughout the company to deliver customer insights, take new & existing products to market, & develop content that fuels growth campaigns.
What you'll do
Competitive intelligence is critical for effective go-to-market & sales acceleration. The Competitive Intelligence Lead will be at the center of our strategy for capturing competitive information for successful go-to-market strategy. The person will have deep technical understanding of our product portfolio & the competitive landscape. Using exceptional communication skills & ability to distill information, he/she will create compelling messaging for the sales team on competitive offerings. You will be a resident expert on Cloudflare products & competition & will become a trusted advisor for all things related to competitive information. Responsibilities include:
- Build compelling content including competitive decks, battlecards, SWOT analysis, competitive positioning/messaging, win/loss analysis.
- Build deep understanding of Cloudflare products, competition & how the competition & Cloudflare stacks against each other.
- Use a labs approach to develop technical & functional understanding of the offerings.
- Always be on a lookout for any competitive information & share with the team regularly.
- Partner with sales engineering & resident experts to crowdsource competitive information, trends observed in sales conversations & package it for the broader team.
- Enable sales team on competitive information & participate in competitive bake off to help accelerate the sales cycle.
- Comfortable with operating under tight timelines & have a sense of urgency to consume information & distribute appropriately.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- 7+ years of experience in competitive intelligence, preferably with Internet, network security or CDN domains.
- Deep technical skills with excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Index towards execution with an eye towards long term strategy.
- Always hungry for new competitive information & ability to deliver under tight timelines.
- Ability to manage ambiguity & navigate unforeseen obstacles gracefully.
- Deep curiosity, excellent listening & empathy skills, & ability to get things done in a collaborative team environment.
- A passion for Cloudflares mission & the success of our customers, partners, & community.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.