Databases are the beating heart of every business in the world.
Cockroach Labs is the creator of CockroachDB, the most highly evolved cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet that scales fast, survives anything, & thrives anywhere. We created CockroachDB to unshackle teams from the constraints of their database. Join us on our mission to enable every developer to build world-changing applications!
We are looking for a Recruiting Coordinator to join the People team here at Cockroach Labs. This position plays an integral role in how we grow the company, & is one of the first points of contact within the organization as candidates work their way through the interview process. In this position, you will support our Recruiting team as well as be a cultural ambassador to our candidates. You must be located in the New York Metro area & willing to commute into the NYC HQ as needed once the office opens back up in 2022.
- Work with the Recruiting team to schedule interviews through out the entire Interview process, working across various timezones as needed.
- Enter, maintain, & update candidate information in our applicant tracking system (Greenhouse).
- Be the advocate for our candidates & provide regular updates to them regarding their applicant/interview status
- Ensure a great candidate interview experience from start to finish.
- Once the New York HQ opens back up, be onsite as needed to facilitate any in-person interviews.
- Provide other ad hoc support to the Recruiting Team.
In your first 30 days, you will work closely with the staffing team on scheduling, logistical coordination, & ad hoc support. Over these initial days, you will become familiar with our hiring processes & our culture. You will also connect across teams to learn more about our hiring efforts & what makes Cockroach Labs unique.
By the end of your second month, you will expand your support of the candidate experience, moving beyond your first 30 days & improving the candidate experience. From your interactions, you will gain exposure to the hiring bar at Cockroach Labs through activities like resume screening & partaking in hiring committees.
After 3 months, you'll be fully integrated into the team. You will identify new opportunities to support the team, like owning resume screening for roles & sourcing for non-technical roles. As you gain more confidence in your calibration, you will expand your efforts to more complex positions.
- 1-3 years work experience focused on time sensitive & detail oriented projects
- Experience with Google Calendar & schedule management
- Experience with Video Conferencing systems (preferably Google Hangouts).
- Experience working with an Applicant Tracking System (Lever, Greenhouse, etc.).
- A love for building relationships & cross functional collaboration.
Reporting to Shannon Zwicker, Manager of People Systems & Analytics
Shannon is passionate about building systems & structures that help us work smarter, not harder. She is responsible for creating analytics & tools that make it easier to make data-driven People decisions. Prior to Cockroach Labs, Shannon spent years across full desk recruiting functions before going on to build the Recruiting Operations team at Yext. Currently living in Greenwich, CT, Shannon runs a specialty antique shop online with her husband, Andrew, & loves to spend time with their mini Aussie, Gracie.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.