Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Before Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform the real estate industry. In 2019 we tripled the size of our Product & Engineering team, & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization to join us as we continue to expand in 2020.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Role
The Search Services squad within Search Infrastructure is responsible for powering search features across the entire suite of Compass real estate tools. This is the team that develops REST APIs for search used by a wide variety of front-end components across the Compass website & mobile apps. These APIs include functionality for finding, paginating, sorting, clustering & boosting accurate search results in both list & map contexts.
We are building a best-in-class platform that will launch many new products & features that real estate agents cant live without. Working on the Search Infrastructure team will give you the opportunity to play a key role in establishing game changing capabilities to an already impressive product. You will be instrumental in developing this platform by improving search quality, increasing accuracy, boosting performance, & bringing down costs. You will also work closely with the product & client-side teams that leverage the Search platform to deliver delightful user experiences.
At Compass You Will:
- Build, develop & scale our platform that powers real estate agents, buyers & sellers
- Be a domain expert on real estate technology & products & an empathetic partner to our customers
- Inspire, recruit & mentor your engineering colleagues
- Operate in a scalable engineering culture that leverages modern principles of distributed systems & automated CI/CD/testing/monitoring to drive efficiencies
What We Look For:
- BS or MS in CS or EE or equivalent
- Track record as a technical leader with cross-team impact
- 7+ years of experience writing complete, well-tested, & performant search applications
- Experience designing, refactoring, & extending large search systems: particularly RESTful APIs, micro-service architectures, & search methodologies
- Understanding of & adherence to industry-standard best practices in software development & architecture, particularly CI/CD
- Experience using a data-driven approach to reduce p99/95 latencies from initial request to final response
- In-depth understanding & hands on experience with Elasticsearch is a plus