Senior Counsel - Litigation
As a Senior Counsel at Compass, you work on exciting matters that require proactive legal guidance. You're part of a group of talented in-house lawyers & the projects you work on challenge you to think creatively & constructively. You are energetic & collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of Compasss business & work with employees across the company. Your contributions will be impactful, value driven & you will play an instrumental role on the Compass Legal Team.
At Compass You Will:
- Provide legal support for commercial & general litigation & other legal disputes
- Serve as a lead attorney overseeing a range of litigation matters from inception to completion
- Work in close partnership with business teams to achieve outcomes that appropriately balance business opportunities with risk mitigation
- Supervise outside counsel to achieve desired results
- Manage litigation budgets & associated forecasting & reporting requirements
- Analyze judicial & legislative developments & structure & implement strategies & policies/procedures to mitigate legal risk
What We Look For:
- Strong academic credentials including a JD & membership in good standing in at least one state bar (NY bar a plus)
- 7+ years combined years of experience, primarily in commercial litigation & arbitration, with a top-tier law firm and/or in-house legal department.
- Previous in-house experience preferred
- Proven ability to independently manage large caseload & other projects
- Strong organizational & interpersonal skills with an ability to distill complex legal issues & provide sound, clear legal advice to senior leaders & others
- Experience with litigation in both state & federal courts
- Confidence operating in a fast-paced environment
- A team player with low ego who can effectively work with & manage other attorneys & legal professionals
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place.