Who are we?
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with cutting-edge technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to create unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
Intersection is backed by Alphabet through its urban technology company Sidewalk Labs.
What is the Role?
As our People Operations Manager, you will work with the key stakeholders on the People Operations team to drive execution across high impact people initiatives & processes designed to deliver positive change within the organization. You will directly report to the SVP, People Operations & work with the entire team in a generalist/project management capacity to deliver results for the People & Culture roadmap while promoting a collaborative & positive work environment across the entire People team.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Innovate & partner with the SVP, People Operations around how we execute our strategic people initiatives with an emphasis on why they are critical to the success of the organization & the People team
- Maintain & further enhance our processes & policies to support day to day activities across the team (Recruiting, Engagement, Payroll, Benefits, Strategy)
- You will directly own the dashboard & tracking team initiatives on the People Operations Roadmap, ensuring accuracy & timeliness
- Own & produce the monthly, quarterly, & annual dashboards for the senior leadership & executive team
- Act as a strategic & thoughtful partner across the entire People Ops team, assisting in project management & special projects as reflected on the roadmap
- Oversee the logistics of the onboarding & offboarding process, including background checks, system updates, & record changes
- Manage & administer all platforms & systems used by the People team & Intersection employees for goals management, culture, employee satisfaction, org directory
- Primary gatekeeper for all employee records & audit processes
- Produce reporting, documentation, & filings in order to remain compliant on all people related regulations
Within your first month, you will:
- Begin to establish relationships with other members of the People Ops team: Business Partners, Payroll & Benefits, L&D, Engagement, Analytics & Compensation, Recruiting
- Assume ownership of People & Culture roadmap in Asana & audit work plans across all initiatives established for the next 6 months
- Learn the ropes of all People Ops systems & processes
- Learn how the People Ops team uses data to track employee changes
Within your first two months, you will:
- Have a solid understanding of the People Ops roadmap & strategic initiatives
- Have begun to identify process improvement across all areas of the team
- Facilitate the People Ops leadership team meetings & Quarterly All Hands
Within your first three months, you will:
- Have become a trusted partner for the People Ops team
- Have built strong relationships across all functions of the team, along with key stakeholders in other areas of the business
- Have successfully implemented or improved processes on the team
You're great for this role because:
- You have excellent written & oral communication skills
- Drafting email communications for the entire org is second nature
- You have a passion for presenting our mission & initiatives across the company
- Having an opportunity to answer questions from employees makes you happy
- You are highly organized & have no problem juggling many priorities at once
- Switching gears from preparing a monthly report to auditing payroll is a breeze
- When approached with a new request, you ask why, when, & what?
- You have a strong EQ & know how to navigate a yes or no when prioritizing
- You have a strong passion for continuous improvement to the employee journey
- You take action quickly to drive positive change, but consult & inform others
- You like to focus on efficiencies but prioritize quality
- You have solid data analytics skills, proficient in spreadsheets & presentations
- Coming up with a narrative & preparing a slide deck is a rewarding challenge
- You sigh in relief when a pivot table returns a simple data set for the team
- Extracting data from one of our systems doesnt stop with opening the file
- You have a desire to make people the happiest as possible where they work!
What youll need to be setup for success:
- 3+ years of proven success within a human resources role in a fast-paced environment
- Operational excellence. You make things happen & you can be relied on to move the needle with minimal oversight. You have a keen ability to prioritize work & adjust as needed
- Platform knowledge preferred: Reflektive, Culture Amp, Greenhouse, Asana, HRIS
- BA/BS; Human Resources, Organizational Development preferred
Intersection is an Equal Opportunity Employer.