Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data-driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals & shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product & in our team.
If this sounds like you, youll fit right in.
Must love words. Justworks is looking for an experienced UX Writer / Product Content Designer to own & drive cohesive product narratives & a unified voice across our entire product. This role will help bring our brand to life consistently within our platform & will own the strategy & execution of product-related content & copy.
This is a truly cross-functional role. Youll work closely with product designers, product managers, product marketers, compliance, content producers, sales, & other team members to ensure the right messages & information are getting to the right audiences.
Youll play an integral role in shaping the user experience of our product. Youll be responsible for structuring, designing, & creating user-centered content, to help ensure a seamless online experience for our customers. As a content designer, youll flex your UX expertise alongside Product Designers to understand our users & design simple, intuitive experiences that help users accomplish their goals. Youll collaborate & advise on discovery & UX strategy, as it relates to content, information hierarchy, & the overall user experience. Youll work with Product Design to incorporate content guidelines & best practices to create a cohesive Design System.
As the first & only UX writer, youll be responsible for owning copy & content design for our entire product. Youll be required to develop deep technical expertise & domain knowledge across multiple, complex product areas & expertly manage competing stakeholders & priorities. This role will also be responsible for developing scalable & repeatable processes to ensure that product copy & content is high-quality, consistent, & cohesive across all touchpoints & interactions users have with our product. Youll serve as a resource to other departments across the organization, helping others communicate in a way that is consistent with Justworkss brand, voice, & tone.
What youll do
- Leverage content thoughtfully to co-create simple & intuitive user experiences that touch >75k users nationally
- Advise & collaborate on UX strategy; work alongside Product Designers, Product Managers, & Product Marketers to conduct research & workshops to inform how we build & design our product
- Develop & maintain Product Copy Guidelines & incorporate copy best practices into Justworks Design System to ensure consistency across all touchpoints with our users (in terms of copy, design, function)
- Flex a range of writing skills from technical to conceptual develop technical expertise & domain knowledge across all functional areas of the product
- Hands-on copywriting with a UI/UX lens, focused on delivering engaging, well-crafted communications across multiple platforms (eg, in-app, email, sales collateral)
- Be a steward of brand voice consistency, maintaining & executing our evolving style guide
- Identify user communication needs & balance those with the brand, business, & legal requirements
- Partner with subject matter experts to explain products/tools/features to end users in an easy-to-understand manner
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to write, edit, & proofread customer-facing content or collateral
Who you are
- Passionate about UX & the role content plays in the overall product experience
- Smart, solid portfolio of samples that show how you think & write
- A product mindset & track record of working well with & earning the respect of product teams
- At least 5 years of multi-channel copywriting & UX experience
- Past work that demonstrates careful execution of a consistent & unique brand voice & tone
- Excellent communication, organization & time management skills
- Ability to breakdown & simplify complex concepts into easy-to-understand messages
- Truly collaborative nature & eagerness to learn
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Knowledge of the benefits/healthcare and/or HR space is a huge plus
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, & life experience is the norm & is celebrated authentically & respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people & our product drives creativity & innovation, entrepreneurial leadership & integrity, competitiveness & collaboration throughout our business & in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, & our product accessible to all of our customers.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.