Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The desired candidate
will work in the Visa Command Center monitoring real-time Visa services andworking to resolve incidents that occur. The candidate shall possess strongwork ethic, with leadership skills, excellent judgment & good time managementin prioritizing work, & the ability to work in fast paced, team oriented
- Gain a solid understanding of the online paymentindustry & leverage this knowledge to troubleshoot internal & externalincidents. Leverage this understanding to build partnerships with secondlevel teams & train down to the junior staff.
- Support applications in a Linux environment andtroubleshoot network, database & system issues that are often not welldocumented. Use basic scripting skills to generate reports based on
support requests & incidents.
- Lead technical bridges & interact with both technicalstaff & management during the incident & change management process.
- Demonstrate the ability to gauge the scope andcriticality of impact in the defined period of time & direct the team totake the appropriate actions.
- Ensure all team goals are on track & assist with theday to day work on the floor. Identify areas to improve & work withstaff & management to implement changes.
- Craft incident reports targeted for upper managementand customer support in response to a critical issue.
- Interact with second level teams & Customer Supportto ensure incidents are closed out & impact is clearly communicated perthe process in place.
- Review change activates & upcoming maintenance'sandcoordinate with staff to cover the activities. Identify & raise concernswith upcoming changes & work with the implementing team to resolve theconcerns.
- Coordinate with second level teams on projects andmajor changes. Ensure proper communication is handed down to the staff andall necessary documentation is in place.
- Provide use case documentation & requirements for newprojects & form partnerships with others to ensure the requirements aremet.
- Work with little supervision & oversee day to dayactivities by all staff members.
- Provide guidance & training to the team & act as atechnical point of contact.
- Bridge the gap between second level teams & strive toanswer staff questions & resolve incidents before escalation isnecessary.
- Review & approve new procedures andprepare training material for the staff.
- Quickly & accurately assess the impact of a majorsystem or application outage & communicate the impact tomanagement.
- Use verbal & written communication skills to ensurethat management is well informed of ongoing incidents. Craft writtenresponses based on the target audience.
- Act as a single point of contact for the team during acrisis & direct staff to communicate the impact to technical teams andmanagement.
- Assign projects within the team & coordinate withstaff to ensure they have the resources needed to complete them.
- Coordinate with support teams to acquire training andmaterials for new & existing services.
- Proficiency with Linux, Splunk, Windows 2012 Servers
- compliance & regulatory requirements to identify areas for improvementor of concern.
- Availability toread application logs to identify root cause issues.
- Understand downstream & upstream applicationtopologies
- Take lead in providing training session anddocumentation for new features & emerging services & ensure that allstaff members are prepared to support the service.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Business, or a relateddiscipline
- 3 to 5 years of technical support experience
- Information TechnologyInfrastructure Library Foundation Certificate (ITIL) Intermediate orhigher certification is a plus
- Strong technical background with a working knowledgeLinux / Splunk, including log analysis & constructing queries
- Knowledge of keynote or other web-service monitoringtools.
- Experience supporting web applications troubleshootingproblems in a cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated ability creating process & documentationfor a first-level support team.
- The ability to prioritize critical tasks & coordinatewith staff to accomplish them under duress.
- Willingness to work on-shift (Days Only Shift Length 12hours) First Week = Mon,Tues,Fri,Sat,Sun. Second Week Tues, & Thurs.
- A strong technical aptitude & excellent communicationskills. Demonstrated ability to bridge the gap between Customer Support,Management & staff.
- This position must sit onsite in Highlands Ranch.This is a 24x7 rotating 12-hour shift alternating 3 days on, 2 days off,2 days on, 3 days off.
- Required to work OT as requested to cover staff shortages & training. You will be required to work weekends & over the holiday periods as scheduled
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.