At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring.
Lyft is looking for an experienced operator to serve as the District Manager, Operations to manage our driver service & fleet management team in the state of Pennsylvania; we have locations both in Philadelphia & Pittsburgh. Were searching for an exceptional servant leader with experience managing large teams who is passionate about continuous improvement, process excellence, providing best in class driver service, & wants to make a big impact at a fast-growing company.
Reporting to the Regional Director, you will manage a team of leaders that own Lyfts driver service, fleet & rental experience, & vehicle care across Philadelphia. Youre excited to operate & grow a business within a business & have an all-hands-on-deck attitude. If you have experience managing large programs, growing businesses, developing employees, working in dynamic environments, & solving tough problems, wed like to talk with you.
- Lead, develop, & engage your team, including Driver Service Managers, Vehicle Service Managers, Community Specialists & Community Associates (Lyfts driver-facing team)
- Develop, continuously improve, & align our long-term strategy & create playbooks to hit OKRs & drive financial performance within your district
- Embody the philosophy of servant leadership; have no problem working the front lines & serving drivers with your staff
- Oversee driver onboarding, support, & fleet & rental operations across Philadelphia
- Create a world-class experience for our drivers & customers across all business lines, & be obsessed with creating positive interactions with our drivers, customers, & our community
- Teach & coach our teams to develop, implement, & constantly refine operational business processes
- Constantly drive improvement on business performance & and hold team accountable to metrics (time/attendance, customer service, KPIs, efficiency metrics)
- Represent Lyft's brand, mission, & culture both inside & outside of the organization
- Represent local driver needs & concerns to Lyft HQ
- Work with other markets to install best practices
- Identify opportunities & make them happen
- 6+ years experience leading large teams in process-driven, operational environments (i.e. with lean production, kaizen, continuous improvement etc.)
- You love people: Motivation, engagement, & development come naturally. You can identify what makes your team members tick & gain energy from coaching them to achieve a common goal
- You are a leader in customer service: You care deeply about the customer experience & role model & coach others to provide the best experience possible to those visiting your location
- You have a data-driven mindset: You are operational & are obsessed with eliminating wate & creating efficiencies
- Strong problem solver: You bring problems to the surface, identify root cause, fix them & keep them from coming back
- You are comfortable leading within matrixed organizations: You pull in thought leaders from both internal & external resources to foster knowledge & expertise for their teams
- Excellent time management: You effectively prioritize multiple competing functions & tasks
- Always a team player: You're positive, optimistic, & willing to help out wherever needed
- Communication skills: Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Bonus points if youre an avid Lyft user & have a passion for the rideshare industry
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.